Search results

1. Chester

KEF LS60 Advice

Hi all I am looking at a pair of LS60’s for our new kitchen but am after some advice from those more knowledgeable than I. The speakers would be placed along a wall that is 2.3m away from a 3m island which is standard uk height, 0.9m. They would be pointed toward the island and I would mainly...
  2. Chester

Running speaker cables alongside power

Hi I did search for an answer before posting but could not see anything on this (with the search terms I used, at least). I am in the process of having an extension and remodel done. I want to run some AWG 12 speaker cable in the ceiling while it’s still open. The electricians have already...
  3. Chester

Low frequency noise in digital recordings

When I listen to music through my RME ADI devices, I notice a lot of music appears to have low frequencies pumping up and down, almost independent of the other frequencies, as per the image below. I am guessing this is something to do with the way music gets recorded? I’ve seen it across a...
  4. Chester

Measuring channel balance of Cambridge Audio Duo Phono

Hi I run my turntable into a Cambridge Audio Duo Phono and then into an RME ADI-2 Pro for digital conversion. One channel seems slightly louder than the other when viewing the RME’s display. Before I start tinkering with anti-skate settings etc on my turntable, I want to make sure the Duo...
  5. Chester

Objective Differences Between Technics G & GR Models

So I am interested in picking up a Technics 1210 GR and have been reading about this model and the more expensive G model. There appear to be some tangible material differences between the two. I understand the materials, fit and finish are likely higher and the extra cost is not all about...
  6. Chester

Introducing The Amazing Compact Disc

I really enjoyed this, only 8 minutes long but so good to see how the compact disc was first viewed. You can see the guys excitement when he demos the Sony player. Can anyone identify that player, it’s not the Sony CDP 101, I’m guessing it’s an earlier prototype or similar….. Paging...
  7. Chester

Phono stage and RME ADI-2 Pro gain settings

Hi I have two questions I need some help with relating to my turntable setup. I am very much an amateur so may be Misunderstanding how these things work, so I apologise upfront! Setup: Technics 1210 mk2, everything is standard. Audio Technica AT33PTG/II MC cartridge Cambridge Duo Phono stage...
  8. Chester

Has anyone used vintagechief.com before

Have been looking online at older hifi equipment and noticed an online shop called https://www.vintagechief.com/ kept appearing. They appear to have a decent stock of well conditioned older hifi equipment but everything looks a bit too polished and there’s not much info about them (that I could...
  9. Chester

Purifi Amp - Hiss…and then it was gone!?

Hello all I had an unexpected audio experience today and am really interested in getting to the bottom of it. I have a Chord TT2 feeding a Purifi Amp, into Revel F208’s. In the past I could not get the Chord and Purifi to play nicely together. Hiss from the F208’s was always an issue whether I...
  10. Chester

Chord Mojo 2 Release

The Chord Mojo 2 looks set for release tomorrow. Looks to be a general upgrade to the original, with some feedback from users being taking into consideration. Nothing particularly unexpected. The thing that peaked my interest though (and thought may be of interest to others here), is it has...
  11. Chester

ASR inspiring young talent, clearly

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-59733291
  12. Chester

Is PEQ transparent?

Assuming (maybe incorrectly) that parametric EQ offers the best quality, can it be considered audibly transparent in terms of things like noise introduction etc? Obviously it changes the original signal so I don’t mean transparent in that sense. Also, can PEQ be measured in the same way other...
Top Bottom