Search results

1. Chester

Break from Tekton Thread

I know the pub you speak of. Nice little pub but the English don’t eat at pubs like that expecting the finest food. It’s more when there’s little choice and you need to eat. As @CapMan says above, pick a coastal town for decent Fish & Chips.
  2. Chester

Break from Tekton Thread

Both insulting and inaccurate :)
  3. Chester

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Or Eric
  4. Chester

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Post of the thread :D:D:D
  5. Chester

KEF Blade 2 Meta review by Erin's Audio Corner

While I agree with most of what you’ve said above, it leaves me somewhat confused as only days ago in the PS Audio thread you were vehemently defending Erin, as below: These threads have become a little too emotionally charged I feel. I’m going to duck out now.
  6. Chester

NAD CS1 Network Streamer Review

I got one of these cheap recently, it suits my needs as a Roon Endpoint. Inconsistently, I get pops when switching sample rates, using toslink. In the past this could usually be solved through a Roon delay but it doesn’t seem to work this time. Also seems random rather than every sample rate...
  7. Chester

There’s doubt and scepticism rather than toxicity. ASR takes no corporate sponsorship, advertising or paid puff pieces despite its large audience and reach. Most would have caved and sold out a long time ago. It’s motivation is purely to progress the audio industry for the better. That is...
  8. Chester

Last I heard on Erin’s Klippel purchase, he was asking for donations to fund it. So we don’t know how much he personally dropped on it and even if the full price was paid. He is also reviewing for a living I am assuming? That does change things, regardless of whatever some of you might think...
  9. Chester

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

I feel like that about my Revels, which you didn’t feel the same way about. Guess it just goes to show it’s all very subjective and probably not worth spending too much time worrying about.
  10. Chester

So what?! That means I must believe everything he says. I don’t think so.
  11. Chester

@Music1969 is entitled to his opinion. I tend to agree I’m not sure I believe these were done prior to the measurements. If it was Darko saying this, it would be acceptable for everyone to pile on and criticize but Erin seems to be afforded special treatment by a lot here, hence I’m guessing...
  12. Chester

Dutch&Dutch 8C new delivery!

Isn’t it that the studio version doesn’t have a streamer built in? Something like that I think.
  13. Chester

Recommend replacement cable for Drop + DCA Aeon Closed X headphones?

I have Hart cables and also rate them, I find them more microphonic than the stock Aeon 2 cable though, personally.
  14. Chester

Switch from AHB2 to Purifi for KEF Reference 5?

This is the problem with owning SOTA gear, it becomes very difficult to scratch the upgrade itch. You end up just spending money on a sideways move…..don’t do it :)
  15. Chester

CHORD Mojo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Poly is overpriced, mainly because the software is very poorly designed. However if you are a Roon user, the Poly/Mojo 2 are a really useful portable product. I grab it and a pair of headphones and am up and running in any room of the house. It works well for me anyway.
  16. Chester

The Mojo/Poly is already a heavy combo held together by two Micro USB, optical and small jack ports. While a clever idea, I don’t think a thin coupler like this between them would work in practice.
  17. Chester

Can’t be bothered to read that, will take your word for it :)
Top Bottom