Search results

1. Saponetto

XDUOO XQ50 PRO 2 Bluetooth Receiver Review

Ops. I did it again... just got another XQ-50, going to be optically plugged to my E50. Lots of fun for Sunday! ;)
  2. Saponetto

Topping D50 III Balanced DAC with EQ Review

Sorry of extend you my bad memories with the early attempt of eq by Topping, the long time forgotten M50. That device was unable to equalize any audio above 44.1. @amirm, do you know if this new device shares a similar behavior?
  3. Saponetto

Spotify to launch 'Hi-Fi' CD Quality Tier.

Too late. Tidal just broke the bank with its new tiers.
  4. Saponetto

Fosi Audio V3 Mono Amplifier Review

An elegant step in the right direction. Well done, @Fosi Audio, and as usual many thanks for the appreciated review, @amirm!
  5. Saponetto

Banana plugs driving me bananas

You're doing nothing wrong. All of those Deltron-Style bananas suffer this side effect due their lenght that is usually exceeding the standard bananas. Same matter happens using Viborgs or XLO bananas, it's just a mere question of allowance of the bindings. It's anyway a good step-up if...
  6. Saponetto

Jack, why ?

Sad but true...
  7. Saponetto

1 bit DAC launched by TOPPING

This forcibly remembers to me Topping's first attempt of putting EQ on a single device. The M50 had presets and customizable ten-bands EQ profiles, sadly limited at 44.1-32 via USB. Needless to say, it was a shooting star and I was lucky to find one of these things just in time to give it a try...
  8. Saponetto

New Shangling looks pretty bad ass!

Dammit, it checks a lot of my boxes. Luckily, my wallet saw it coming before my brain and started to terror-shake! Kidding... it's a nifty thing, for sure. I like a lot its concept and aspect is very appealing but I'm not sure about its actual place in a strange market as HiFi is.
  9. Saponetto

Fosi Audio SK02 DAC & HP Amp Review

Oh, damn. Don't need it at all, but I like so much its form factor. Thanks @amirm for getting me on the damnation path! :) hehe!
  10. Saponetto

AIYIMA A70 Stereo Amplifier Review

So, another lovely semi-vert brick from Aiyima. :) I like this form factor overall, just have some itch when there's an external power brick. Thanks for this highly appreciated review, @amirm! My vote is "great" for the amp itself, obviously less for the power brick.
  11. Saponetto

Viborg VB401S versus Monoprice Affinity Series 24k

Long time user of Viborg banana plugs here. Always chose bare copper ones for all of my speaker cables, and never had to regret about their performance or look at any gold/rhodium/silver coated replacement. I'd like to know which kind of enhancement do these coated plugs actually offer, but it...
  12. Saponetto

High-pitched speaker noise from ground loop?

Maybe due the hype of extreme oversampling affecting large part of the market, honestly don't care so much. I'm fine living within the Toslink capabilities, some other people just don't.
  13. Saponetto

High-pitched speaker noise from ground loop?

Many people thinks that being limited to a transfer rate good for DSD 64 or PCM 24-192, TosLink is somewhat less HiFi...
  14. Saponetto

Topping E50 - Remote Control Performance

I currently have 4 RC-15 remotes, (E30, E50, 2x D30Pro) and, honestly, never had any beam reception problem up to 5 meters. This beam thing always puzzles me.
  15. Saponetto

Questions

hello, it just depends on what you are looking for about versatility. E30 is barebone DAC, D10s also works as usb bridge. About sound, difficult to listen to any difference imho.
  16. Saponetto

Any motorcyclists on this forum?

Amen, Father Sal! ;)
  17. Saponetto

A surprise on Qobuz...

Ok, got it...
  18. Saponetto

A surprise on Qobuz...

Still don't understand the aim of this thread, sorry. For sure they went badly wrong at their infographics, so could this impact on the quality of the musical content they offer? (rhetorical question, of course...)
  19. Saponetto

Issues with 24 bit 192 Khz content

Wasapi exclusive mode bypasses volume mixer of Windows audio stack, hence EQ APO is unable to work. Using non exclusive modes of wasapi, E-APO works fine, but your player app cannot send to your DAC the sampling reference.
Top Bottom