Search results

1. V

Help choosing new DAC

Optical is better than 75 ohm coax? I've not read that before. All I've read all times is that optical is limited to 24/96. My Classe's user manual specifically states that its optical can only support 24/96. Coax 24/192..... Even a dealer I spoke to said the same. But that anything above...
  2. V

Help choosing new DAC

Unfortunately, neither my Node 2i nor my Marantz BR have USB's. Coax and optical, but I want to stick with coax. Only because of opticals 24/96 limitation. I'm not sure why anyone would want to use optical with the 24/96 limitations. Or in what situation they would choose optical over coax or...
  3. V

Help choosing new DAC

Thank you. I cannot read Chinese but the reviewer seemed pleased on the d90se.... The d70 seems to be impressive as well. But I just say no to MQA. Can I bypass MQA? There are a lot of folks who use a topping d10 in their cars so I've heard Toppings name and quality for awhile. Are these...
  4. V

Help choosing new DAC

@cany89 Thanks and thanks for all the guidance. I very much appreciate it. I have 3 separate dedicated lines from the breaker box. 30A(10g wire) and 2 20A lines with soon to be placed upgraded receptacles(P.I. Audio UberPuerto's). I will tell you, the P.I. Audio UberBuss could be the best...
  5. V

Help choosing new DAC

@cany89 Yes, all of my interconnects out of my Classe to my 4 Rowland(2 surround) amps are all balanced. So I'd go balanced. There is one set of balanced Analog In inputs in the Classe..... All I.C.'s are Straight Wire Crescendo's from 2008. At the time they were S.W.'s top of the line...
  6. V

Help choosing new DAC

@cany89 I do want just a DAC if I get anything. My Classe SSP-800 is a dynamite AV pre/processor. The 2 channel reviews for it from Robert Harley at TAS and from Audioholics(admittedly from 2013 though) are stellar.....Unlike the majority of AV processors. That's why I thought the DAC might be...
  7. V

Help choosing new DAC

Thank you for your feedback. I looked into both. Looks like the DAC3 DX was tested here against the RME. Not the DAC 3B. Can I assume the DAC 3B tests the same as the DAC3 DX? I like that the Benchmark has 2 coax/SPDIF inputs which I would use. 1 for my Node 2i and 1 for my Marantz BR/CD...
  8. V

Is there an AV Processor which can act as an Pre-Amp for high quality stereo music experience?

I have an SSP-800. It is a remarkable AV/2ch processor. For $1800, if it is in great working condition, it is a steal. https://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/tas-194-classe-audio-ssp-800-multichannel-controller-1
  9. V

Review and Measurements of Bluesound NODE 2i Streamer

I got the PD Creative PSU interface and the 5V SBooster LPS and what a diffence in sound...The SBooster needs some time to break in. About 50 or so hours(they say 100) but the music sounds great. Using a Blue Jeans 75 ohm Belden 1694A coax (into my Classe SSP-800's DAC) for $20. I did not...
  10. V

Help choosing new DAC

Is it possible that my 2008 Classe SSP-800's Burr Brown 1792 DAC chips (and implementation) DAC is as good as many/most of today's $2000 DAC's? Like Benchmark(ES9028PRO) DAC3 B? Or Project's(ESS9038Q2M)DAC Box RS2? I could not find an ASR analytics of the SSP's DAC but If I take Robert Harley's...
Top Bottom