Search results

1. Dr Soot

What Headphones Do You Own Ready to Send to Amir for Testing at His Request

I just received my brand new Audeze LCD-2 with the Fazor technology. I’d be willing to send those in for measurements if requested.
  2. Dr Soot

CLOSED: Topping A30 Pro/D30 Pro System

Hello, for sale is an essentially brand new Topping A30 Pro A Balanced Amplifier and a Topping D30 Pro Balanced DAC. I purchased this system recently and it is beautiful and works perfectly. But I cannot tell the difference between this system an a $100 DAC/AMP combo. So I feel bad having so...
  3. Dr Soot

What Headphones Do You Own Ready to Send to Amir for Testing at His Request

I would be happy to send my Denon AH-D5200 for measurement.
  4. Dr Soot

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Currently own the Sennheiser HD6XX and a modded Fostex TH-X00 Ebony that has the armature and drivers from a Fostex TH610 to use the detachable cable. I like them both very much but the Sennheisers are much more comfortable since the Fostex are so heavy. I tend to lay back to listen to music...
  5. Dr Soot

Hello and I have a question about iPods and DACs

I’ll gladly provide an update.
  6. Dr Soot

Won’t know till I try, thank you all. You have given me some great ideas. Thank you!!!!
  7. Dr Soot

Valid distinction, thank you and of course, you are correct.
  8. Dr Soot

From what I understand, the version I have is the 5.5th generation, and it has a Wolfson DAC, which is a German made one and considered quite good, but it is poo poo for powering my 300 Ohm headphones. I do have IEMs, which is powers just fine, but to be completely transparent, I love tinkering...
  9. Dr Soot

So you went from the headphone jack the amp? Doesn't that require a digital output for the iPod?
  10. Dr Soot

Hello all, I am pretty new to this group but have been reading up as much as I can. I cannot find an answer to my question (maybe it's out there, but it escapes me). I recently uncovered my old iPod Classic 5.5 gen. I charged it and it works great. I would like it to work better. Is there a...
  11. Dr Soot

Hello, new to this forum

Hello, I just wanted to introduce myself. I just joined the forum today. I am new to the world of hifi audio, sort of, and enjoy the many posts on this site. I recently picked up a pair of Sennheiser HD 6XX and HifiMan HE 5XX. I run them through a Schiit Jotunheim with the AK4990 board...
Top Bottom