Search results

1. L

ZeroSurge 2R15W Surge Protector Review

I wouldn’t buy these for filtering purposes but for surge protection. I have to say that I just claimed my insurance company $8k about 6 months ago. This was my second power surge in a year! It took down 3 AppleTv, 2 GoldenEar Triton 2 amps, 2 Subwoofers power amps, 1 Denon universal...
  2. L

Do you distrust some engineering? Like bridges, roads, electronics, buildings, vehicles, planes, trains etc etc?

I’d be more worried in Ontario, just thinking about Heron road bridge collapse and the Desjardins canal bridge….or in BC with the Second Narrows bridge and the Point Ellie Bridge……
  3. L

Carver Crimson 275 Review (Tube Amp)

Wyred4sound makers of the famous DAC 2v2……it measured really well isn’t it?…….. They also make great $1500 power cable and now the Carver tube amps! Everything make sense now.
  4. L

Buckeye Hypex NC252MP Amplifier Teardown

Agree that it isn’t a huge upgrade. I had the A965 I inspected and checked a year ago. All capacitors were checked and still in spec! At the time I wanted to recap it. Lol. The tech said they tested good and he wouldn’t change them. Some resistors were changed. Total cost $350. Lol. It works...
  5. L

Buckeye Hypex NC252MP Amplifier Teardown

Got my Christmas gift on Monday!! A new Buckeye Amp 6 channels… yeah This will replace my Sherwood Newcastle A965 that is driving my Atmos height speakers. When Dylan offers Purifi I might replace my Rotel RMB1585 for my main 5 channels. Amp was packed real well in a heavy duty cardboard box...
  6. L

Starke Sound AD4.320 Review (Multichannel Amplifier)

My Buckeye is in transit! Came so close to buy the Starke….so close. I guess I made the right choice. Sadly I will be traveling during Christmas holiday but will play with my new amp. Will see what Starke does from now on……
  7. L

Emotiva XMC-2 Review (AV Processor)

Wish they would focus on fixing the ones they already launched! But no….. launch a new cheapy one instead. More firmware to update more bugs to fix…. I guess it will just add more time to fixing the bugs affecting the RMC’s and XMC-2….
  8. L

Sure would like to hear more about your AT300….or better get one tested by Amir! So curious to see how it would perform.
  9. L

Aren’t you the same LSC who closed the thread on Emotiva lounge? That is probably why you don’t hear the cracks and pop! If you don’t hear them I am sure the CMC-2 sounds good to your ears!
  10. L

I know…Lol. Don’t hold your breath! Maybe they are finally testing…… at -20dBfs ! it is so sad…. Could have been good! Could still be…better late than never. 2.4 will solve the issue…..2.3 was supposed to be faster. It is much slower on my XMC-2.
  11. L

I have to say that is a pretty good and representative story of a XMC-2 owner! Been there and lived it too. I did get some attention from customer service but in the end the problems are still there. I am wondering if these cracking and popping sounds will ever be solved. I doubt it. these have...
  12. L

Coffee - do you and how do you consume it?

Awesome! They make small ones that look just like that to do sample roasting or use at home! $7k…..lol. Like the small one to the right of your picture.
  13. L

I do just like you and use a water filter. I backflush not as often as I should and descale…. every…. 2 ….years lol. Commercial machine making 4 espresso a day with filtered water….can go for a while between descaling if you turn it off like you and I do. I did change the Sirai pressure switch...
  14. L

I had a Bezzera. Actually two… a B2000 two g and a BZ02. Both heat exchanger machines. The B2000 was closer to the E61 and the groups were not heated with an electric element. I now used a Grimac Vitoria one group which has an E61 group and rotary pump. This replaced my BZ02. It doesn’t take...
  15. L

Emotiva Stepped On Their D!<% Again

I guess that is always the Emotiva strategy! Don’t talk about it and wait till it is forgotten. That is what they are doing with the XMC-2 review Amir did. Negation then dilution in a lot of bs like the -20dBfs. It is very sad. Must be hard to sell processors now…. Let’s bring back the...
  16. L

Buckeye Nc502mp Review (6 Channel Amplifer)

Cant wait to get my Buckeye! On y 3 to 4 weeks waiting left. Lol Great work Dylan!
  17. L

Happy for you! As long as you are enjoying all is good. Personally I don’t believe in unicorns. I am wonder…….
  18. L

Hello Emotiva! Have you seen the Anthem review and measurements? Time to wake up! Looks like a real Surround sound processor can be measured at 0 dBfs! Lol, no -20 dBfs BS! No lies! I wonder if the AVM90 would measure even better or just offer channels than the AVM70. That seems to be the...
  19. L

Can "poorly" recorded sound damage the speakers even if you listen at a normal volume?

I agree total BS. The only thing that bad recordings can hurt is your ears!
  20. L

It will be very interesting to see what Starke has to say after they look into this issue. would be interesting to measure their speakers too!
Top Bottom