Search results

1. Billbass1

Topping E-30 and compatibility issue with CD, Blu-ray and Ultra Blu-ray players

I tried 2 different CDs. Same results. Switched back and forth between the digital outs and analog outs all using the same 2 CDs. Analog outs play fine. The problem occurs using the digital outs going directly into the Topping E30. I also used both Blu-ray players using their respective HDMI...
  2. Billbass1

Topping E-30 and compatibility issue with CD, Blu-ray and Ultra Blu-ray players

So I upgraded my DAC and bought a Topping E30. It arrived today and I hooked it up to my system. The optical audio out of my TV sounds great and is an overall improvement from the FiiO D03K DAC I was using the past few years. Next I hooked up my old Phillip’s CD player Using the coaxial out...
  3. Billbass1

hearing decline with age

Well Iam 70 years old also. I have high frequency loss in my right ear and also tinnitus in both my ears. Yes, it really sucks. I try not to dwell on the matter since that only compounds the issue. I don’t particularly like using headphones but I use a graphic equalizer on both my Home Theater...
  4. Billbass1

New member/ first post/ looking for suggestions

Thanks again. I will examine DACs with built in EQ as an option. Not going to buy another AVR since I just purchased the Iotavx SA3 and PA3 stack. I am initially quite pleased with them. Someone suggested that I just use the built in internal DAC but I connect everything to the analog EQ first...
  5. Billbass1

Thanks, I didn’t realize my analog EQ was a “ limiting factor “. Does it add some kind of noise or distortion? I really depend on that EQ to make everything, including Home Theater much more pleasing, to me anyway.
  6. Billbass1

Thank You. Right now my main concern is whether any of these DACs will handle my priorities of CD player and TV . Read here on the Forum yesterday that Topping has an admitted issue with CD players. Also, someone also mentioned that TVs could also be a problem. I could go ahead and try one of...
  7. Billbass1

Thanks, yes using and connecting both the CD player and TV is what I would really like to do. Right now I’am using the FiiO D03K just for the TV. My hope is the CD player would also benefit by using a new outboard DAC.
  8. Billbass1

Very unscientific measurement with my 2 best friends . I am also a musician and the room is sonically balanced. I have played in sonically dead rooms and on the other end , overly alive rooms with to much reverberation. My room, with my system has a pleasing balance.
  9. Billbass1

Just got my new speakers , Klipsch RP 8000f. The room itself is fine. Thanks
  10. Billbass1

No, there is nothing wrong, that I know of, with my current DAC. Just thinking perhaps an upgrade might be beneficial.
  11. Billbass1

Thanks, I should have also mentioned that I use an outboard Graphic Equalizer with this setup EQ is before the preamp .
  12. Billbass1

So I have been upgrading my home stereo system. Recently obtained a pair of Klipsch RP 8000f speakers and a Iotavx SA-3/PA-3 stack. I use the system with a CD player and use the optical audio out of my TV to a FiiO Taishan D30k DAC. I don’t stream from any sources and I am quite happy having a...
Top Bottom