Search results

1. D

JBL Stage A130 Review (speaker)

These are out of stock everywhere I look. However, I managed to find a scratch and dent pair at Crutchfield and they are en route at $162 for a pair! I must have been really lucky to stumble onto that button on the product page at exactly the right time, because I went back after I completed...
  2. D

Looking for advice: Apple lightning to 3.5mm DAC or a standalone DAC

Is this still the case? For an iPhone XR, I should buy an OTG lightning to USB-C. And then the USB-C to 3.5 headphone Jack? Instead of buying the lightning to headphone Jack? I stream Amazon Music HD and want to get the native depth/rate but also get the best mobile DAC performance. Or...
  3. D

Thank you, seriously. Also, several Questions:

At first peek through the speaker reviews and rankings herein, seems like there are some worthy DIY kits if I get so bold, or the ELAC debut reference bookies are highly rated at $300ea. and to get a significant bump in ranking above those, I'd spend triple. They make a center speaker, too, so...
  4. D

I truly appreciate it. And, I'm definitely looking for brutal honesty. When I shop for things I'm not terribly familiar with, I *always* suffer sticker shock. It's happened recently with a new car. A new bookshelf for my family room. Even a new lamp shade. ($50 MINIMUM for a freaking black...
  5. D

Thanks, as it concerns the TT, I've got those two models in mind as the budget entry competitors at the beginning of "serious" TT Ah, gotcha! That's very helpful, thanks! One thing I saw in the speaker review..."research shows listening tests in mono are more revealing of speaker...
  6. D

Could you explain what you mean by this? "research has shown us that most people tend to prefer the same thing(at least when they don't know what their listening to ;))." People tend to prefer the same thing as what they already have? The same type of sound consistently across speaker types...
  7. D

FYI, this is what she put in my cart: 745C368B2I NAD C368 BluOS-2i Integrated Amplifier with BluOS 970DF52 ELAC Debut F5.2, ea floorstanding speaker
  8. D

So, build from the speakers back. I've read that technique advised in other threads and that seems to make sense to me. I've read more of the DAC and pre-amp reviews here than speaker reviews. I'll do some reading of those next. Thanks for the tip on the Garrards. I did a chat with a...
  9. D

Thanks, yes, I live in Saint Louis. I'm sure there's a a few options for serious audio shopping at a dedicated audio place. There's something called The Sound Room. Probably others. I think you hit on my biggest deficit, which is experience hearing different things. To do that requires time...
  10. D

New member... First, I want to say an enormous, humble, and appreciative "thank you" for all of you, especially those involved in providing equipment to test and those testing and posting. I've read much on this site, including certain equipment-test reviews, and it's been a tremendous help for...
Top Bottom