Search results

1. F

Genelec 8030C Studio Monitor Review

Thanks for the replies, just thought about how i can enhance a setup i already enjoy that's all. Option 2 it is.
  2. F

I have a pair of 8030s running from a Toping EX5 and contemplating doing an upgrade. Would any of these be worth doing? Option 1: Upgrade to RME ADI-2 DAC FS Option 2: Add subwoofer Option 3: Upgrade to the 8331
  3. F

My Sennheiser 598s sound like trash after experiencing Genelec

Had the 599s which are similar, went to the 6XXs, never wanted to wear the 599s again.
  4. F

Do the Genelec 8030c hiss?

They do hiss. I sit fairly close to mine, arms length. I really notice it when my room is quiet and they go into standby mode and then the room is dead quiet.
  5. F

What are we listening to right now..

Something about Hans Zimmer's older songs
  6. F

Haha, just wanted to say that I went from AudioEngine A2+ to the Genelec 8030s and I'm also running them balanced from the Topping EX5. Yes, i know exactly what you mean about the size change, it took a little awhile to get used to, now they look normal.
  7. F

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

So, after owning the unit for awhile now i thought id try and get the bluetooth working for my guests but when I try and enter the settings to enable bluetooth I get a screen that reads "dFU". These are the steps: Back power switch on Unit powered off. Hold volume knob down for a few seconds...
  8. F

Shenzhenaudio Topping EX5 Review (DAC and Headphone Amplifier)

I want to clear some desk space. Anyone see any problem mounting this sideways under my desk?
  9. F

Genelec 8030C / G Three + miniDSP Flex + sub

Listen to the Genelecs before you buy, if you do like the sound then I would personally try and use the GLM software. As someone mentioned the 8X30s are probably going to be too small for your living room, I use the 8030s as desktop monitors sitting 3' feet, at 6' I'd go for something bigger...
  10. F

Best thing I ever bought was a decibel meter...

Haha i listen to most of my music at 55 db avg, the loudest is around 75db avg.
  11. F

Best thing I ever bought was a decibel meter...

Awesome, was gonna pick up a mic but now I know I'm probably relative close with my app. Was one of those apps you downloaded "Sound Meter"?
  12. F

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

I feel that would affect ANC and tele conversations.
  13. F

Bose QuietComfort 35 II Review (Noise Cancelling Headphone)

Bought a used pair of the series ones and think they are pretty good, very happy with the purchase. The only problem I have with these is when I'm outside walking and there's a bit of wind, the wind noise completely takes over.
  14. F

Do it, they are awesome. Went through the same reasoning, I spend 10+ hours on my desk a day why not get something good.
  15. F

What are my fellow Genelec owners feeding them with?

Computer, Spotify, Topping EX5, Balanced XLR, 8030 Sounds good enough for me.
  16. F

All Aboard the FiiO K9 Pro Hype Train

Uhh good luck with that, lol. ;)
  17. F

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

A crossover to one of my other hobbies, fly fishing. Beautiful fish! We have some around my parts but its quite the hike to access.
  18. F

Your Desktop Audio Setup?

I have my 8030s on L stands and they sound better than without. I would image the stands would make an even bigger difference with smaller monitors.
  19. F

Yet another post about best active speakers for near field listening

Cool, so how are you connecting the sub? Are you going EX5 XLR to 8030s and EX5 RCA to sub? I ask because i too have an EX5 and 8030s
  20. F

Yet another post about best active speakers for near field listening

I don't mean to derail but is there a reason you went with the KEF kube 12 instead of the 7050C?
Top Bottom