Search results

1. E

iPhone vs Android (Google) privacy ?

I have been using Android phones in past years. My phone was destroyed few days ago and I got a new Samsung earlier this week. Setting up the new phone I selected the googe account I used on my old one. I was expecting to get my list of contacts restored and I did. What I didn't expect was I got...
  2. E

Audio upgrade for small RV - speakers?!

Here is inside view of my RV to give you idea of the layout. I am standing in the back, pointing the camera towards the windshield. Please note the cabinets, three on each side. The audio system consist of cd/radio head unit powering 4 small speakers, two on top of the dashboard close to the...
  3. E

MultEQ-X software for Windows PC - anyone tried it?

Howdy. For some reason I don't have access to the MultiEQ software for Android. Google play store says: Not available in you country, region or whatever... So I haven't been able to play with Audyssey settings in my Denon AVR. I stumbled on this searching the web...
  4. E

Tinkering with old Yamaha NS-344 -- surprises and troubles (repairs)

Throwing away some stuff I noticed two speakers lying in the scrap-wood dumpster... I brought them home for testing and tinkering. Yamaha NS-344 Image shamelessly stolen from the web: It seems these were made around 1980. Short listening test revealed loss of contact in the controls for...
  5. E

Noise Cancelling Headphones ←→ tinnitus?

I sometimes work around 'loud' machinery. I am careful protecting my hearing so I use earmuffs with radio. Living in condos in past years I also use headphones quite a bit. Like my Sennheiser 380 pro that's quite worn out now. My listening habits do not include playing loud using headphones. I...
  6. E

Clubcar golf cart troubles

A friend has problem with his electric Clubcar golfcart. This is 48v unit and refuses to drive, forward or backwards. It has AC motor and Curtis controller powering the motor. I notice the controller sends 24v DC(!) to all three phases of the motor when powered on. I find that suspicious and...
  7. E

Streaming from my linux box.

Since I have arsenal of PC's from 1-12 year old and run various distros ( Cent OS, Ubuntu, SuSe, Manjaro) I have noticed - out of the box, they sound differently. Even if all of them are using PulseAudio. For example: My main PC (AMD based homebrew) Ubuntu 20.10 used to stream from Deezer and...
  8. E

Canton speakers.

Few years ago I took a listening test for floorstanding speakers in local "low cost" store. They had few models of rather cheap consumer grade speakers ($~500 pair). JBL, Klipsch, Yamaha... The salesman was very nice young fellow interested in "hifi" and we had fun playing all sorts of music...
  9. E

Need help from hifi anonymous to not buy Focal Aria 948

Few months ago I decided to spend some money on "good" speakers (finally) and got new pair of Focal Aria 926. Unboxing them after long day at work I was questioning why I spent money on two wood boxes with 4 drivers since I already had a pair of similar wood boxes with 4 drivers, my Dali Zensor...
Top Bottom