Search results

1. I

Naim Atom or Yamaha R-N1000

As far as I am concerned, the girl is totally fine. Just another fellow human being... No excuses for the Amazon though!
  2. I

The beginning of my audio journey, help and advice

I have Genelec 8020D and Genelec 7040 sub. I don't know if sub is an option because of the size and potential disturbance to the neighbor. The combination sound really nice. Other option without the sub, would be Neumann KH 120II. They go deeper than the 8030 and are similar size. Previous...
  3. I

Soaring

Upon moving to Canada, I left all my planes behind, kind of bulky to carry them over the ocean. The first one I built when we, settled was "Spirit" by Great Planes. It was electric powered, so no winch, bungee or tow line needed, and built many others after that. Never even made a single one...
  4. I

Soaring

I still have a very vivid memory of my only flight on a glider that took place some 55 years ago. It was on a Cirus, all wood construction, and to this very day I have an uneasy feeling remembering the moment the winch started pulling. The noise produced by the wings bending was really...
  5. I

Rega integrated amplifiers - good?

P.S. I suspect Hegel is from an earlier era too when 'good enough performance' really was 'good enough.' I keep repeating this, but we're spoiled here, we really are. Don't even begin to think that some of these new far eastern well-performing amps are ever going to appear in any dealer's...
  6. I

Rega integrated amplifiers - good?

What put the final nail in their coffin for me, was a long thread on now defunct What Hi-Fi forum. Some people were complaining about the hum caused by the Brio transformer. Some people were saying that if the transformer was properly shielded, there would be no noise. Members of Church of Rega...
  7. I

Am I mad? Judge me...and leave a recommendation.

Buy some old radio, 1950's or so and get rid of the case and make certain that there is no access to high voltage parts so nobody gets killed. The other option, there are some cheap Chinese tube amps (number of tubes usually limited if that matters). I apologize if that was suggested already, I...
  8. I

WiiM Pro Plus - Review & Measurements (Streamer)

Well, it may not have the exact same functionality, the exact same durability and the exact same build quality.
  9. I

LUMIN U2 mini vs Bluesound Node 130 --- Differences ? nop

I doubt that there is any benefit of up sampling in general, so in your scenario we are talking about the difference between your T+A 200 DAC and Lumin's U2 DAC. I am not familiar with either of the two and I am aware of relatively poor measurement of the N 130 DAC. I am using N130 on it's own...
  10. I

ASR Community Gimme Your Best Shot

TZero is 6.5" so I doubt you will gain much at the lower end.
  11. I

System advice “warm hifi”

Or another, even cheaper option NAD 316BEE V2. I am not certain about the current version of A1 but the original would primarily make your room warm and the sound was anemic. I don't recall any other amp that would get that hot.
  12. I

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Happens all the time ...
  13. I

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

No glitches for me and I am only using WiFi and the distance is 7-8 meters.
  14. I

Is the entire audio industry a fraud?

The hiss may be caused by the proximity of the electronics to the speakers (drive units) and some kind of interference. I am just guessing here because I doubt that at least high end brands would not address the problem if there was an easy solution...
  15. I

How important is imaging to you?

My vote goes to the "nice to have" option. Most of the time it is the luxury I can't afford. My system is in our living room and my seating position is far from ideal. I may have 5-6 hours per month when I am properly seated and focused on the music alone. Consequently, proper tonality takes a...
  16. I

Stereophile's Jim Austin Says Streaming Atmos Sucks

I don't think that the old Jimmy is worthy of any analysis. He is the main reason I decided not to renew my subscription after ten years. I gave him a chance for a year but I figured that most of the time he is wrong. I simply couldn't stand his pseudo intellectual/philosophical musings!
  17. I

Share your best “bargain of my life” story.

Logitech Squeezebox Duet that started my streaming career some 8-9 years ago sold by local auctioneer, brand new, sealed for CAD$ 130! https://www.crutchfield.ca/S-Wc5ntEVOQhR/p_596DUET/Logitech-Squeezebox-Duet.html
  18. I

Ugliest component ever created

As ugly as it gets
Top Bottom