Search results

1. B

Will you stop using Spotify now? Vote

I was already on my way out with Spotify. The unknown status of hi-def audio was at least enough reason to fully move over to Apple Music since I'm deep into their ecosystem. It's cheaper too for the whole family. Spotify also don't support Airplay from the Spotify app, which as far as I know...
  2. B

Plex vs Roon

An answer to the question if there are streamers supporting Plex(amp). Yes, Sonos has a Plex plugin you could use. So you'll get your library and Plex playlists available inside the Sonos apps. But a somewhat lesser known feature (at least for me) is that you can connect your Sonos account to...
  3. B

Plexamp adds AI driven library and playlist features for Plex Pass users

I can only do this when there are more than 5 albums in the Sonically Similar section. If there are more than 5 I can click the header and go to a separate page where it shows the albums with a percentage below it. I'm using iOS and MacOS, both versions have this feature.
  4. B

In Plexamp it actually shows the amount in percentage of similarity (or distance) when you click on 'Sonically similar albums' of an album. I have a bunch of albums without any similar albums (for an example I have one Flamenco guitar album and it's indeed on its own little island in my...
  5. B

Anyone have their own private cloud audio streaming service

You do need to have a NAS at home, or perhaps on an old PC or laptop, but Plex has a music player app called Plexamp (iOS, Android, Windows, MacOS, Linux), which kind of does similar things as a streaming service in terms of radio based on artists, albums and songs meta data (and since a week or...
  6. B

I'm finally done as well. I'm running my Plex server on a Synology DS218+. Scanning everything took about 5/6 days. Now I see 'Sonically similar artists' and 'Mixes for you'. I think this feature is really nice, since a lot of the time similar artists based on tags were missing or just not...
  7. B

Proper Metal music (no pony tails or choral crap)

Afaik he lives in France nowadays. He got out of prison in 2009 already. Which reminds me of Motorpsycho... (since their fans are called Psychonauts)
  8. B

700 albums to go for me... My collection isn't that big yet, but it will already take a few more days (23 hours a day) to process everything.
  9. B

Rock music is Dead? (Spoiler: No)

I'm not sure if you're just baiting people with comments like this, but I'll bite. You can't mean these are the only two modern (well, not really modern imo... Anathema started in 1990 and just disbanded) bands out of all bands to have evolved throughout the years? Did Anathema ever play live...
  10. B

Chelsea Wolfe Emma Ruth Rundle Russian Circles
  11. B

I dunno what exactly defines pinnacle rock nowadays... But I've seen these guys 3 times the last 4 or 5 years and they never disappoint.
  12. B

Music is dead.

It sure changed back from when there was no internet, less regional I guess, but there is still typical 'sounds' coming from different countries. Even in black-metal, a genre mostly known for harsh guitar sounds, evil imagery and crappy production, there are different recognisable sounds from...
  13. B

What is your daily job ? ... any hobbies ?

I'm a web developer, all things browser: CSS, JS, HTML. Working mostly on the front-end aspect, user interfaces, accessibility and everything that comes with it. Currently working at a company on a digital healthcare system.
  14. B

Music is dead.

Metal has changed and evolved so much throughout the years, it's ridiculous. There are literally hundreds of bands and artists in the current metal scene who are doing something great and exciting. Forget all the mainstream acts... Did I say scene? It might even be multiple scenes, metal is...
  15. B

Why Roon?

Sonos doesn't really integrate libraries the same way as Roon does. With Sonos you can combine them in the queue, play a song from Spotify after a song from your local library. But you have to pick them from separate 'folders' in the Sonos interface so to say. There is not one big library with...
  16. B

Why Roon?

A few months ago I was curious as well and tried Roon for a month. I installed it on my Synology NAS and used the Android and (I'm not 100% sure anymore) iOS app for iPad. I concluded it's not (yet) worth the price for me. While I liked the 'smart' library features based on my own music library...
Top Bottom