Search results

1. H

Monitor Audio Silver 100 Review (Speaker)

I have a similar experience here. I have the Silver 300 7G's and I find them well balanced, if anything, a touch warm sounding.
  2. H

Trying to understand how to setup my system.. yet to purchase.

Thanks, there were a few factors that pushed me in that direction. I liked them as they were without expectation that more use would change the sound. I did have them in my room and they did seem to run well on my older HK 50watt/ch AVR. ( Listed as 50W anyhow in stereo mode.) My room isn't...
  3. H

I You make a good point. I would likely only run the phono into the analog as the flex has a dac built within. I was a little concerned about the multiple conversions from analog to digital to analog again with LP playback, but I'm not sure if I'd notice given the medium and uneq'd peaks and...
  4. H

To update: speakers and the umik mic are purchased. I liked the sound and the look of the Silver 300 7G's a bit better so I went with MA. Also going with a tower will relieve my concern of children toppling over a heavy stand mount speaker and hurting themselves, at least not as easily.. I...
  5. H

Fosi Audio V3 Amplifier Review

Nice. Sounds good. No speakers or preamp here yet but this looks like a good spot to start.
  6. H

Awesome. Did you go for the 48V supply or stock? I’m about to order one. If you did go 48V, I see two options now for the 48V regular plus 48V GaN?.
  7. H

Looks like the $495 USD Flex will be at least $825 CAD if not more add on fees once it arrives. Ouch. $40 USD Fedex/DHL. Maybe that's normal to get these here. Thankfully the Fosi Audio V3 is only $99. Just under $1000 but still over 3x less than my last integrated, so that's better in context.
  8. H

I have the same question as well, hopefully someone has tried the pairing and can comment.
  9. H

Thanks, I’d rather put the money into speakers and some decent eq. The amplifier just has to be adequate without buzzing etc. I was thinking SVS or a little Rel might work for a subwoofer.
  10. H

Thanks I’m looking into others potentially, like Sonus Faber, Martin Logan as these are within the budget and local as well, so I can listen before I buy. Or I go for tower speakers, without buying a new sub, like the revel f35 etc) I’m in Canada. Mostly looking at ones that don’t roll off...
  11. H

I'm about to pull the trigger on some equipment but I would like a little guidance. Does this purchase seem like a reasonable route? Speakers: Revel M16 or Monitor Audio Silver 50. priced similarly. Subwoofer: generic Energy 10" will buy something better if eq doesn't help this one...
  12. H

Looking for speaker and amp advice under $2500 CDN

I'm looking to purchase through the Black Friday deals, new speakers and an integrated with $2k-$2500 pre tax as the max budget. I'd welcome some ideas (or pairing recommendations) as I'm looking at everything from Revel M16's, B&W, Monitor Audio Silvers, Klipsch 7's, Focal Theva's to used Aria...
  13. H

Replacement Logitech Streamer / DAC use with Active Acoustic Energy loudspeakers

Every once in a while I get the itch to replace the aging Squeezebox Touch, but really I don't find any difference apart from lightening my pocket book. There may be a slight* difference in presentation in some newer streamers but not enough to justify replacing what this little unit can do...
  14. H

Restarting from scratch, audio setup in a small room.

I see the 8030 in stock locally for $879 CDN each. Pretty good price considering all the other options I've been looking at. 8351B is way out of my ballpark over $5k per.
  15. H

I’m in Canada, sorry I should have noted that in the initial post.
  16. H

I just noticed the “each”. Yes, they would be out of my price range unfortunately. I was thinking for the pair.
  17. H

I’ll check some instrument shops around and see if I can find a pair to demo. I’ve seen a pair of Focal Solo 6be used locally. Not sure if they are more in line with Klipsch compared to the brands mentioned above.
  18. H

That sounds good, it’s not a type of speaker I’ve considered before.
  19. H

Is the KH150 a studio monitor? Or meant for applications like mine? I’m not opposed to powered speakers as I have Klipsch The Fives in another room for our upstairs TV. Fun speakers, even in a large room, (once the update came out and I can flatten the enhanced bass a bit.)
  20. H

Thanks, I hadn’t heard of some these products except the SB1000 and the minidsp. Sounds like a workable budget.
Top Bottom