Search results

1. 1

Can different CD *transports* sound different - when fed into the same DAC?

to me, it is. prefer the philips cdm transports more than the sony ones.
  2. 1

Ask me questions.

next electrostat amp also for he60 he90 headphones. perhaps a voltage switch like the ifi amp.
  3. 1

TOPPING EHA5

why only stax headphones? perhaps also a voltage switch + connection for sennheiser he60 and he90 phones. only ifi has one
  4. 1

Nice turntables. Attached picture is an absolute requirement.

@JP are these yours? wow, always wanted that denon
  5. 1

Stax SRM-Xh Review (Electrostatic Headphone Amp)

would love to see topping and co create some electrostat amps for stax and sennheiser he-series. the amp is the weak link for these headphones. an A90 amp for electrostats..
  6. 1

Sennheiser HD800S Review (Headphone)

@Jimbob54 yep, i think that's what audio is about a smile.
  7. 1

yeah i like mids and high. i don't like bass. jimbob54 level? i prefer the he60 more hd800s. it makes me smile which the hd800s cannot. that's my level. ok , it's personal touch not a math thing. let's say, if i could choose, hd800s or he60 i would prefer the he60 100%. i gives me a smile it...
  8. 1

well, some calibration with a great a90 amp =an electrostrat amp. you get alot of levels up. sennheiser can kill it. it's far more better than a hd600 or 650 or 800s. it's the he60 which gives me a smile, not the hd800s. it's ok, but not sparkling, not giving that extra level. and after 25 years...
  9. 1

@solderdude sennheiser could do it. it's the killer headphones. the one who rules them all. ok, not he90 rules them all. but a headphones everybody could buy. only a good a90 amp, which brings this headphones 2 levels more. after 25 years the he60 is the best of them all. i havent heard a phones...
  10. 1

i have the hd800s and he60. i prefer the he60 far more than the hd800s. it's so much more fast, far more detailed. it's 1-2 levels better. it's time for sennheiser to bring back the he60. it's the best headphones for it's price since 25 years. also it follows the harman curve more. if i could...
  11. 1

cardas gold ref cables

@dkinric yes, you are right. well i like the cardas IC. compared to the mogami it's less natural. even with it's flaws, the Cardas gives me a smile. these are older cables and i wouldn't buy cardas anymore, because mogami's are overall better and far cheaper. i learned alot from gearslutz what i...
  12. 1

cardas gold ref cables

@dkinric speaker cable, i like the belden alot. bought those at blue jeans cables
  13. 1

cardas gold ref cables

@JeffS7444 i never had distortion, only some coloration
  14. 1

cardas gold ref cables

well, i like these. i like the cardas golden reference. it's far overpriced. just nutss i like mogami 2549 alot=more natural than natural. love this cable. coupled with neutrik,best bang for the buck but the cardas golden reference gives it a swing, this cable gives me a smile. i know, it's...
  15. 1

looking for EQ HE60 sennheiser

funny the he60 is far superior compared to hd 800s. it's mids and highs are next level. only bass and space are less. hadn't expected, a 90's headphones is 1-2 level above hd800s. he90 is 1-2 level above he60. the hd800s is good, the he60 is a smile. the he90 is a sigh. perhaps i like the...
  16. 1

turntable reviews?

@sergeauckland an AEG/telefunken TT, that's a real rare piece. thought the AEG was the better one. that's the reason i bought an emt, didn't have to think alignment arm,stylus,amp and all that. indeed, a complete system.
  17. 1

Let's talk CD Players!

the person who had the lhh 2000 also had the cd12 ken ishiwata modded version. preferred the lhh 2000. i have sony cds/p-3000 =the sony lhh 2000 version. the philips is far better sounding. perhaps not all is a technical exercise
  18. 1

turntable reviews?

@Frank Dernie it had all recapped couple years ago. i think the emt has quite mechanical system to hold it's platter. also it's 75 kg. i used to smile when i went to a high end audio shop. found those TT small and lightweight. perhaps i prefer the industrial look of the emt. also the emt 927 is...
  19. 1

Let's talk CD Players!

have a studer d730. with the gustard x16 dac it's better sounding than sound from computer usb. presentation/dynamics, even detail are better. the best cd player i've heard was the philips lhh 2000 not long ago. it blew my mind. the dac is old, detail is 3 levels less than gustard. but it's...
  20. 1

turntable reviews?

would love to see TT reviews. i have an old emt 950. love to know if it is still a nice TT compared to the new ones.
Top Bottom