Search results

1. G

Do affordable far field dsp speakers exist?

Thank you for the reply. I have decided that the idea of dsp speakers is better than the reality of it for my check book. PA speakers are too much sound for a home theater, studio monitors are not enough, at least at what I am willing to spend. I planned on using the subs that are already set up...
  2. G

Which monitors fo home listening?

Thank you for your info! Finally someone chimed in that is actually using these for listening only. That's good to hear that they are powerful enough to work more than just for near field mixing.
  3. G

I plan on running it with the same two subwoofers that I'm currently using that cover my area nicely. Perhaps that would help, even with studio monitors?
  4. G

I guess when I put "far field", I meant something I could set up like my Elac speakers across the room from me around 9 feet or however many meters that is and enjoy my movies and it seems most studio monitors are not made for this. I have no idea what regular listening speakers are called in...
  5. G

I'm leaning that way also. They seem to be good for far field. Just hope the measurements show nothing bad in them
  6. G

Curious what you decided to go with? I just made a similar post.
  7. G

Wow those Phantom speakers are "different" looking
  8. G

Those are definitely above the price range. I'm looking for something around the price of jbl 308s or Kali lp8s or In8s. But willing to go a bit higher if needed. When one speaker is thousands of dollars, I'm out. I could do it, but then I would need to get divorced first lol. I wish there was...
  9. G

Thanks for the info. Being American, my brain is not wired for meters lol. I have to use a Google converter. It was tricky driving around in Iceland using kilometers instead of miles
  10. G

Abdo123, I forgot to mention that it is a small to medium room where I am roughly 8 to 9 feet from the speakers. I have heard that Kalis 'might' be good for the volume I need, but have yet to find anyone with an actual setup like this for home theater that can verify. Since my Denon does not...
  11. G

Hello. Love the forum, videos, and measurements here! I'm now hooked on the idea of powered dsp speakers and would love to buy a set for 5.1 home theater. However, after what seems like millions of hours reading and watching videos, it seems that there are basically only two options of near...
  12. G

"Home Theater" Speakers

Those look great! I saw them in the store, but have no idea how they sound
  13. G

"Home Theater" Speakers

This thread started out wonderful as info for using pa's as home theater speakers. So I decided to read it all to learn as much as I could, and wanted to pull my hair out when it became a several page debate on center speaker placement. Oh well. I went to Guitar World yesterday and saw all...
  14. G

Better dollar for dollar? Passives + amplifier vs. actives + processor

Wondering what you went with. I'm trying to figure out myself how to make an active speaker home theater. I was dead set on buying 5 jbl 308s until I read that they were not loud as compared to the Kalis. Then, I have realized that I don't have a receiver that can send a signal to them and will...
Top Bottom