Search results

1. G

Apple lossless official announcement

The Airpods Max is just as detailed as my Hifiman Sundara while at the same time being Wireless, ANC headphones. I feel like audiophiles who discredit the Max aren’t looking at the big picture. An open back audiophile headphone is useless the moment there are others living with you or when you...
  2. G

Apple's first high-end headphones

The Airpods Max is just as detailed as my Hifiman Sundara while at the same time being Wireless, ANC headphones. I feel like audiophiles who discredit the Max aren’t looking at the big picture. An open back audiophile headphone is useless the moment there are others living with you or when you...
  3. G

Sennheiser IE 900

Why not just buy convenient wireless earbuds like the AirPods Pro’s, Sony WF-1000XM3 or the Jabra Elite 75T? I never understood why audiophiles brought expensive IEM’s and portable DAC/AMP, that cost in the $1000+ range, for commuting and just being outside their home. I don’t want to come...
  4. G

HD600 vs HD650

Its easy to tell a recently produced HD600 and 650 from the other. The HD600 will absolutely kill your ears with the forward, shouty midrange while the 650 gives you a much thicker, mid-bassy sound.
  5. G

The HifiMAN Sundara sounds terrible

Why is the Sundara recommended so much in the $350-500 category? It sounds like a $200 headphone. I can't think of anything that this headphone does well... The treble, mids, bass are all synthetic sounding and 'cheap' if you will.
  6. G

I just used oratory1990's EQ for the Sundara but the 660 S still does everything better without needing EQ. With EQ, the Sundara is now on the same level as the HD6XX. Sennheiser clearly has better engineers.
  7. G

I just used oratory1990's EQ for the Sundara but the 660 S still does everything better without needing EQ. With EQ, the Sundara is now on the same level as the HD6XX.
  8. G

I also need to add that this headphone sounds dead and even thinner when listening on low volume. When you try to increase volume, well now the harsh highs lead to listening fatigue. Yikes!
  9. G

But do we not expect Hifiman to actually do their job as headphone designers and not release a product that needs EQ to sound decent?
  10. G

After reading the amazing reviews of the HifiMan Sundara, I decided to buy and compare them to my Sennheiser HD 660 s for a few days. Wow, these headphones aren't in the same tier. The 660 S sounds like a upper mid-fi headphone while the Sundara sounds like it belongs in the same tier as the...
  11. G

Sennheiser HD600 Review (Headphone)

You can't mistake the HD600 and 650 for the other if you compare them with frresh pads. The 650 is slighty too thick sounding and the 600 is slighty too bright. Sennheiser combined the two and made the 660 S. The 660 S has the bass of the 650 and the presence region and the sparkle of the 600.
  12. G

If you look at the frequency response of the 600 & 650, they might as well be the same headphone but frequency response graphs don't tell the whole story. The 600 is more even in the highs and that would be perfect for studio use but that doesn't mean it's desireable for recreational listening...
  13. G

It's interesting how history is repeating itself :) The audiophile community was divided on the 650 when it first came out. Some said the 600 was still the better headphone. I think people will come around on the 660 S in 10 years and view it as the best of the lineup. It happens with everything...
  14. G

Any love for the Beyerdynamic 990 Edition 600 Ohm Headphones ?

The DT990 is a headphone that will impress you when you unbox it and listen to it for the first time but the more you listen to it, the more you realize that it's an abomination. I still believe to this day that the DT990 was an April Fools day joke by beyerynamic but they were shocked that it...
  15. G

I bought a 2020 pair of HD600 & 6XX and they are share the same family sound but they differ. The 600 has less refined highs and lean bass. The 6XX is the more refined, modern version of the two. The HD 660 S continues Sennheiser's tradition of keeping the same sound signature but improving it...
  16. G

Sennheiser’s headphone business has been bought by hearing aid manufacturer Sonova

The audiophile competition have outpaced Sennheiser in every price bracket above $300. Sennheiser has only the 58X and 6XX left. This is just sad …
  17. G

Sennheiser HD660s - divisive headphones

Sonarworks reviewed the 660 S and this was their conclusion: Conclusion If you’re looking for a revolution, then this sadly isn’t it. The HD660 S is an attempt to evolve the HD650 into something more exciting. The problem is that much of what made the HD650 great for sound editing has been...
  18. G

The treble on the Sennheiser HD660 S is just .... wrong

Jude from Head-Fi did an in interview with the two brothers who run Sennheiser and they said they're changing direction as a company to a consumer focused, which makes their partnership with Drop make a lot of sense. It's clear that they haven't been allocating much resources to the audiophile...
  19. G

The treble on the Sennheiser HD660 S is just .... wrong

Sennheiser is marketing the 660 S as the successor to the 650. Wait.... what? Sure, the driver gives you perhaps 5-10% more detail retireval if you really sit there and critically listen and it's slighty faster but at what cost? The treble is grainy and the sound has this edge to it that's not...
Top Bottom