Search results

1. Berlin

What are the right cables to connect the KH 150s to a KH 750 digitally..?

I just ordered a KH 750 and want to connect it digitally to my KH 150s. Can I do it like this: 1.) KH 750 to KH150 (left) via BNC (75 Ohm) plus BNC to RCA adapter (75 Ohm) 2.) KH 150 (left) to KH 150 (right) via S/PDIF RCA cable (75 Ohm) Thanks in advance...
  2. Berlin

DIY - Size Matters...

This guy claims that his homemade speakers sound better than any speakers he has ever heard. Unfortunately the video is in German...
  3. Berlin

Which is the most reasonable audio interface for room correction (KH 150, MA 1)?

Neumann doesn't make room correction with MA 1 easy... So I am looking for an audio interface that comprises a balanced analog input with 48 V phantom power and 2 balanced analog outputs at a reasonable price. I found the Rode A1. Does it make any sense? It seems that there are no reasonable RME...
  4. Berlin

Mac mini M2, Ventura 13.3 as AirPlay Receiver

I am currently using a Mac mini M2 as Roon Core. I have set-up a dedicated user account for Roon that boots automatically (without any password). Also, the Mac is set-up as AirPlay receiver for all devices on the network. However, whenever I want to stream via AirPlay to my Mac I have to...
  5. Berlin

A physicist explains why we need cable lifters...

In this two-part video series, Roland Gauder, co-founder of German loudspeaker manufacturer Gauder Acoustics, explains the influence of speaker cables on sound. At the beginning of the first and towards the end of the second video, he claims that the electromagnetic field surrounding cables...
  6. Berlin

Interesting Interview with Karl-Heinz Fink (Fink Team) "The perfect speaker and why it doesn't exist" - German only

https://hifi.de/news/khz-bitgefluester-folge-12-der-perfekte-lautsprecher-und-warum-es-ihn-nicht-gibt-mit-karl-heinz-fink-92963
  7. Berlin

Greek music recommendations

I would be very happy to get some good recommendations about traditional Greek music like Rembetiko. Thanks in advance...:)
  8. Berlin

Speaker Stands for Geithain RL 901K

I just ordered a pair of Geihain RL 901K. Now, I am looking for speaker stands. Are there any Geithain owners here who may want to share their experiences and maybe post a photo? I already came across the Liedtke website...
  9. Berlin

Can I connect Genelec speakers digitally in this way?

I am wondering if this set-up will work: Raspberry Pi -> USB -> Topping D10s -> AES/EBU SPDIF cable -> Genelec 83XX A HAT with AES/EBU outputs might be cheaper than the Topping D10s but I currently don't need it. I am also looking for a nice switch box to additionally connect my TV via optical...
  10. Berlin

Genelec 8030C versus ATC SCM40 - comparing specs

I ordered a pair of Genelec 8030 for my home office. They arrived this week and I mounted them on the wall in front of my desk (about 75 cm away). My already high expectations have been far exceeded. They sound great and look beautiful in their raw finish. When I compare the sound of my...
  11. Berlin

What determines the vertical location of instruments and voices in recordings?

I would actually expect instruments and voices to be reproduced at the height of the midrange speakers and tweeters. With many recordings this is the case. Some recordings, however, are so good that I have the illusion that the singers are standing in my living room, i.e. their voices are...
  12. Berlin

How holographic can a soundstage be?

I like my stereo set-up. To my ears music sounds great and instruments/vocal are nicely separated two-dimensionally . In order to test the three-dimensional presentation of my set-up, I played a Chesky Audiophile Test Recording. According to this recording my set-up is capable of generating the...
Top Bottom