Search results

1. P

Review and Measurements of SMSL M8 DAC

Friendly reminder for M8A, if you get the time ... Still being wow'ed by mine, though I don't have access to it's peers for comparison.
  2. P

It'd be good to see how the new M8A measures up against the older M8. See it shares the same mid-range hump as the others utilising the ESS DAC.
  3. P

The SMSL M8A with ES9038qm2 was delivered about 5 hours ago (as of posting), so about as many hours use so far... Installation was straight forward. Downloaded & installed the new v4.47 XMOS drivers, plugged in the M8A DAC. Selected it in Foobar2K and started listening to music... easy! The new...
  4. P

Introductions

Right, found the answer in a post I made just over 4 years ago, on the miniDSP's forum pages ... the 2U Heavy (Pesante) case was supplied by Modushop, the internal perforated bases are listed under 'Spare Parts'. The panels were done using Front Panel Designer by Schaeffer AG ... miniDSP very...
  5. P

Can only presume the one with the ES9038q2m is v2 of the M8A ... the limited-view PCB images from SMSL are stamped v2.2 above the ES9038q2m. Amazon.UK list it as the 2017 model, and Audiophonics list it as M8A v3, but then call it an M8A v2 in the description. Once it arrives and I know it's...
  6. P

Introductions

Oh flip, can't remember of the top of my head, had it about 5 years ... however, It's a 2U rack-mount enclosure with custom made front & rear panels for the miniSHARC volume control & digital I/O boards. If I can find who it was purchased from, I'll let you know.
  7. P

Have been looking at the Topping D50 and JDS Labs EL DAC, but eventually bought the M8A v2 because of availability/price in the UK... Mine's arriving tomorrow, so I'm looking forward to hearing any differences from the ODAC currently used. Any reason to buy/make a 5v low noise linear power...
  8. P

Introductions

Hi, new here and loving the DAC reviews... A good 90% of my music listening is done with Headphones. I've been using an original (& rev B) ODAC since it came out. First with an O2 amp, then 'The Wire' SE-SE headphone amp design by OPC on DIYAudio. All driving a set of Sennheiser HD650. Now...
Top Bottom