Search results

1. P

SMSL SH-6 + 7hz Timeless sound too bright?

i just tried one of the thicker tips and the bass improved a lot. still needs a ton of eq but this is finally something i can work with. just weird that pushing the thinner ones into my ear didn't work at all. i think the audio seal test was also very helpful as that's where i first noticed the...
  2. P

also no matter how i try to align it in my ear, no bass appears i have some cheap sony mdr 450 that produce a lot more bass, kinda the same amount i'm used to from my speakers
  3. P

in that case its probably the iem that is the problem because the tip is super thick and short..
  4. P

i have used an eq to get rid of that spike but no matter what i do i can't bring the bass up.. with my warm focusrite interface i didnt notice it so much but with this transparent dac/amp combo it sounds super thin... i tried most of the eartips but none of them improves anything
  5. P

I just got the sh-6 as my first headphone amp to connect my 7hz timeless to my SU-9n and it sounds very bright. When i was using my focusrite soundcard the iems were already pretty bright but now it just sounds wrong. Everything else i plug the IEMs into sounds pretty bright too but i thought...
  6. P

(easy to drive) wired IEMs for pixel 4a? <250€

are the timeless much better than the ze3000 even if i dont get an amp?
  7. P

(easy to drive) wired IEMs for pixel 4a? <250€

for reference the asr review of the phone: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/google-pixel-4a-smartphone-audio-review.16251/ what headphones would you even use with this device? i got it because i wanted a cheap, kinda small and kinda modern smartphone with a headphone...
  8. P

Review and Measurements of Topping DX3Pro DAC and Headphone Amp

have you gotten a replacement unit? how is the sound now? i've never had any issues with amazon. they even refund any shipping and import fees if you send something back to another country/marketplace. it could also be that the device is too linear and revealing for the recordings you have. i'm...
  9. P

SMSL SU-6 Review (Desktop DAC)

only receptor.. it also wouldnt make sense because the entire purpose of this device is digital to analog conversion
  10. P

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

the difference is probably negligible, you're probably better off saving for the next generation or something with built-in parametric eq.
  11. P

SMSL SU-9n Review (Balanced Stereo DAC)

seems like it's already 1 month old? can't you just use a generic xmos driver?
  12. P

yeah you can change brightness and screen timeout. the su-6 has a brightness setting, but i'm not sure if the screen timeout can be turned off. (which is unfortunate because that white text looks damn cool)
  13. P

yes that's exactly how i tested so it's possible. but i think there's slightly more to audio than what you can measure with these methods. i wish i hadn't heard the su-9n, it had saved me a ton of money and i had never known and lets be honest, the su-6 looks damn sick, especially with it's...
  14. P

Amazon Music appalling sound quality

exactly what i meant (sterile), it sounds somehow too clean, as if it was AI upscaled. the other posts claiming it sounds like low bitrate, i cannot understand. i assume they are listening over the website which indeed sounds awful.
  15. P

so.. nobody noticed that it sounds sterile?
  16. P

make sure you use the desktop app. the website uses a really bad bitrate. but i find the recordings somewhat sterile. maybe i'm too used to muddy youtube quality... or is there a hidden eq that i have to disable?
  17. P

Is optical the ideal connection method from TV to the SU-6? yes, bluetooth can have pairing and connectivity issues depending on the situation (might not apply for you) usb (from a pc) will be noisy if the dac & sources volume is not set close to max level (for this you should set amplifier...
  18. P

no, the other way around
  19. P

no idea i didn't try that one i only tried those 2 dacs and a focusrite soundcard, so better don't put too much value in my words i can barely believe my own findings... still hoping someone else could explain what i feel. i'm pretty sure that it's not placebo, i tried it for several hours and...
  20. P

it's hard to explain or even grasp, another definition would be "more analogue or warmth" i guess, i really hate paying 130€ more for a feature that i can't even clearly hear when a-b'ing (though there is always a half second delay when i switch inputs) but this is how much the music "feels"...
Top Bottom