Search results

1. C

Proposal: Right to Fair Review (RFR) Association

What a GLORIOUS letter. I particularly enjoyed Kurt pointing out that Monster has some shading tax issues. "Further, if any of these patents or trademarks has been licensed to any entity, please provide me with copies of the licensing agreements. I assume that Monster Cable International...
  2. C

Yes: See Bose vs. Consumers Union. https://www.oyez.org/cases/1983/82-1246
  3. C

There is a classic legal case from the early 1980s, where Consumer Reports PANNED a Bose product. Bose cried foul and promptly sued. To cut to the end, Bose lost, badly in court and Consumer Reports never looked back. If they had lost, they would have been out of business. It might be worth a...
  4. C

Yamaha R-S202 Receiver Review

I have a soft spot (soft head?) for Yamaha gear. The make fine to outstanding musical instruments (former musician here), and the audio gear has always been "good enough" for starving musicians. I'm glad to see the company is continuing in that tradition.
  5. C

Rogers LS3/5a (BBC) Speaker Review

I've come to the conclusion that speakers are like cars. Vintage gear can make your heart twinge a bit, but seriously, does ANYONE want to drive a 1987 Plymouth Horizon? (my grad school death-mobile). The engineering, generally, for both cars and speakers, is vastly superior today. TODAY we are...
  6. C

Denon PMA-600NE Integrated Amplifier Review

Well, that's a bummer. Seriously.
  7. C

PrimaLuna Dialogue Seven Tube Amp Review

Who, pray tell? My friends and family are increasingly elderly. So, it's "Two Men and a Truck," at around $300 per hour (last time we had them move furniture). I'd rather spend the cash on good equipment that I can move around.
  8. C

PrimaLuna Dialogue Seven Tube Amp Review

Amir, thank you! I'm a life member of the bad-back club. So, as Class D amps get better and better, I'm skipping the tube stuff. I can't lift anything over 25 pounds. So, small subwoofers, bookshelf speakers that are under 25 lbs, and the like. It's just not worth the 3 months of PT if I over lift.
  9. C

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

Audio homeopathy!! LOLOLOLOL! Thank you for putting coffee out my nose this AM.
  10. C

Tice Power Conductor 2 Vintage AC Cable Review

That was just embarrassing. Thanks for the quick debunking.
  11. C

Donner Dyna 4 Monitor Review

I'm sorry, but the first thing that rolled through my brain was "Donner Party" speakers. Bad form on my part.
  12. C

Trinnov 8m 8 Channel Amplifier Review

Great review and thank you. Now, your donations should go for all of your physical therapy co-pays. Just a suggestion.
  13. C

Neumann KH 150 Monitor Review

well, it is Neumann. I remember the microphones from 40 years ago when my work-study job was in an ersatz recording studio (music ed major). They were just fabulous, fabulous then. The Crown real-to-real? Not so much.....
  14. C

PS Audio Ultimate Outlet Review

Good lord!!! And I'm really wondering why people just don't hire an electrician to upgrade their main box, so everything is protected. Call me old-fashioned.
  15. C

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

That set up (!!), just hammers home the degree that there is a NASTY level of status politics that can be at play when we talk about audio gear. Meh. My father was a butcher, so my tastes are squarely in the "good enough for me" camp. If something costs more than my hearing aids, I'm NOT interested.
  16. C

DAC Noise Modulation: Chord DAVE vs Topping DX7 Pro+

Thanks for making this comparison. Clearly, we are in the "golden" age of high value, well engineered, and less costly components.
  17. C

Chord DAVE Review (DAC & HP Amp)

Thank you for this review. I'm "so OVER" the class war in high fidelity products, especially when the uber priced stuff is clearly not worth their costs. I could NEVER afford this, although I'm a former professional musician (retired). This gear is clear aimed at folks who are sensitive to...
  18. C

Vanatoo Transparent One Encore (Powered Speaker)

Oooooo. This review is super handy. I'm always on the look out for good equipment to give as presents (I need more like a root canal). Thank you!!!!! Clearly, we have a winner!
Top Bottom