Search results

1. R

Help a newbie understand gain structure: Minidsp Flex to Power amp

Dear all I recently swapped a Topping D70s for a Minidsp Flex as source for my 2.1 hifi system. The benefits of the Dirac room correction are definitely there. However, I'd like to understand better why the SPL seems lower at the listening position with similar attenuation at the volume...
  2. R

Marantz Stereo 70s AV Receiver

I saw Marantz released a stereo version of their cinema 70s, an AV receiver with 6 Hdmi in, with stereo speaker out and possibility for power amp for L/R and two active subs. Seems pretty interesting and unique? https://www.marantz.com/en-us/product/av-receivers/stereo70s
  3. R

Headphone amps as preamp: what's on the market?

While the consensus seemed to be that active preamps are something of the past, given the abundance of digital sources with volume control, many on this forum have remarked that digital volume control can malfunction or glitch with damaging consequences to upstream gear or hearing (see this...
  4. R

Auto-input switching in DACs?

Are there any DACs with an automatic input switch? TV (coax) and streamer (optical) connected to Topping D70s DAC, I'd love it if the DAC could simply prioritize the TV when it turns on and gives a signal. Seems quite a self-evident and probably not hard to implement feature (perhaps even...
  5. R

White speakers and home electronics

What's the deal with the popularity of white speaker models? Personally I think they always look much worse than a black counterpart. What do you guys think? I do wonder, since when did it become popular to make living room electronics in white (PS5 default white being a case in point)? It must...
  6. R

Tidal "My Daily Discovery"

Tidal app added a playlist with 10 tracks adapted to your taste, daily rotation. Hope it will help finding new music in Tidal, perhaps my memory is blurred but IIRC Spotify was/is better at that?
Top Bottom