Search results

1. B

Article on the Audeze Website - Headphone Amplification

I was searching for something else and this article caught my eye: https://www.audeze.com/blogs/technology-and-innovation/sensitivity-impedance-and-amplifier-power Specifically the following line: Is it just me, or is that a little out there? 50 dB peaks above RMS? That seems insane for any...
  2. B

Workshop Thread

Hey all! I've seen some EEs among us posting their workshops in various threads, and I figured I'd make a dedicated spot where we can all show off our shops and tools. We've all seen some of the electronics workbenches floating around. What does everyone have manufacturing wise? 3D printers...
  3. B

Questions for the Knowledgeable - APx555, Analog Filtering, and Test Signals

I had some questions RE: the APx555, and I figured I'd ask the knowledgeable membership here. So, I understand it uses a (variable?) analog notch filter (plus preamp, splitting signal, second ADC, etc.) before the ADC, in order to cut out the test tone frequency and take measurements with ADC...
  4. B

Options for Cheap ABX Boxes

As we've seen in other threads, it's easy to set up a simple ABX/AB for DACs/amps (have a relative or friend switch the inputs). Such a test is perhaps suitable for someone looking to tell differences for themselves. However, there are many possible ways to accidentally break the "blindness" of...
  5. B

Anyone Else Have University Lecture Flashbacks When Watching ASR YouTube Videos?

Major engineering professor vibes - I feel like I'm gonna fail a midterm. Great content.
  6. B

Why Are Audiophiles so Bound and Determined to Make Others Waste Money

On Reddit, in a discussion with a certain user (who insisted that every time they upgraded their amp, their headphones became 'clearer'), I said something to the effect of "if your amp can drive your headphones to the volume you want with no distortion, then there's no reason to get a more...
Top Bottom