Search results

1. K

Sony DAC2000 - High End music studio DACs from early 2000s better than today? Has anyone heard it?

It's the same DAC they use today in sony music studios to mix and master music I believe, so most of the albums mixed/mastered are using this as their DA device. It maxes out at 96kHz It seems every studio uses the same DAC. Are these DACS better than todays DACS? I suppose since it's custom...
  2. K

are super duper expensive headphones like better than similarly priced speakers or something???

Hail, ye seekers of sonic marvels Within my armory, the RME ADI-2 DAC and the Austrian Audio HI-X65 Headphones stand in steadfast companionship. However, I find myself musing upon the procurement of a pair of mighty Genelec 8030 speakers to grace my musical feasts, despite dwelling in...
  3. K

How to hear a difference between DACs?

I upgraded from an IK AXE multimedia interface to an RME ADI-2 DAC as a main interface and I thought I could hear a clear difference then, the audio went from muddy to wide and open I just bought an UR824 and connected it's digital out to my RME interface to use the RME DAC I have an E-MU...
  4. K

Trying to figure out a DAC / Interface setup... (currently on RME ADI-2 DAC + Interface)

So. I got the RME ADI-2 DAC a year ago, and I don't want to downgrade DAC/AMP after using it cause it really opened up the sound I'm use to. (For reference, IK Multimedia AXE I/O interface sounds muffled compared to it) So I producer music and I found that I'm often too lazy to switch...
  5. K

my 2 year old headphone sounds different from exact same new pair? Is it cause of break in or pads?

So I got a 2 year old pair of 500$ headphones here, the pads are a lot softer and the sound is more open/soundstage/music more direct then I put on the brand new pair I just received Pads are harder, (this is obvious) but the sound is muffled, less opened,feels like theres a film over the sound...
  6. K

Does slaving a DAC unit to an Audio Interface make the quality worse?

I read one person somewhere that said, slaving their RME ADI-2 PRO FS to their Audio Interface made it sound worse. I can only assume if it does indeed sound worse, that the RME's FS Steady Clock does not get slaved along with the DA converter? He said he preferred using it straight with USB...
  7. K

Been reading conflicting opinions on some DACs sound, how to know which are right?

I recently bought an RME ADI-2-DAC. Before I had to used a Audient EVO4 Audio Interface. I noticed improvements in soundstage and "3Dness" it was a pretty expensive upgrade. But anyway, my thinking here was "I want an accurate representation, buy the best and be done with it" Mainly for mixing...
  8. K

How to EQ my headphones to fit my ear canal?

Hi, I used Oratory's 1990 EQ curve on my headphone, but I feel it's still pretty off compared to my treated room and speakers adjusted with Sonarworks Reference 4 Is there a guide how to go through frequencys and fine tune offending frequencys that may be heightend due to different ear shape /...
  9. K

Do expensive headphones allow you to hear better? Should I upgrade?

I have SHP9500, they are about 80$, they have 50mm drivers. K701 has 45mm drivers, MSRP is 400$ but it's for sell at 200$ Why is K701 200$, and SHP9500 80$? Does K701 allow me to hear things better than SHP9500? Or is it just an EQ curve? Jumping the price a bit. I actually was thinking of...
  10. K

Does anybody know what headphone gear this is?

seems like it has xfeed controls on it I'm not sure...
  11. K

Anybody producing/mixingmusic here? Need advice on Headphones/Interface/Setup...

Hey, I'm basically a bedroom producer who wants to up his mixing/mastering game, and I realize the most important part is properly hearing what you're doing. I was following tutorials, and they were doing mini compression / EQ dips, and I literally could not follow along cause I couldn't hear...
Top Bottom