Search results

1. M

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET (Purifi) vs dual mono Icepower 1200as1

Wow, didn’t expect everyone to say the same, that is is hardly worth spending the money on because the differences will be minimal. Auditioning a unit at home would be a good option first. Or just be happy with what i have since it sounds really good. (I think) Room treatment is still on my...
  2. M

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET (Purifi) vs dual mono Icepower 1200as1

Hi all, Considering buying an Audiophonics HPA-S400ET amplifier based on Purifi modules. This amp was tested and found excellent by Amir. Based on measurements results by Amir i bought the Topping D70S dac and the Topping Pre90 preamp a few years ago and combined them with a dual mono...
  3. M

Topping D70S fried my speakers...

I’ve had the same with this same dac, but that was after doing a firmware upgrade, it went to 0dB immediately It scared the hell out of me at that time. It was directly connected to a dual mono Icepower 1200as1 in a test setup, luckily the amp was switched of and connected to a pair of cheap...
  4. M

WTB Ghent Audio case for icepower 50asxse

Sorry, was mixed up. Topping Pre 90 preamp xlr output to 1200as1 xlr input. The D70s is the DAC used.
  5. M

No, Topping D70s xlr output directly to 1200as1 xlr input.
  6. M

Ghent cases are nice quality though, both top and bottom are made out of nice thick aluminium Instead this flimsy metal of some cases. Nicely drilled/tapped, all screws included, harness might be optional or included, forgot about that. I use one for a dual mono 1200as1. Service is also good...
  7. M

Topping D70s MQA Review (DAC)

Can have a look, but the result is probably that you have to turn it on every time you want to use bluetooth. To me it just should disconnect bluetooth connected devices or disable bluetooth radio when switching to another DAC input as bluetooth
  8. M

Thanks, i see am not alone in this one. I might drop Topping a line to, this is so annoying. No problem though if you have a dedicated tablet in use for music only. Maybe @JohnYang1997 can achieve something?
  9. M

Still very happy with my D70S but one thing i find very annoying; bluetooth stays active, even though another input has been selected. The result is that many times i end up with trying to find out why my phone or tablet audio isn’t working anymore and then discover it has connected to the D70s...
  10. M

No love for IcePower?

That's a whole lot of text! I also got some problems having the units replaced, but Ebay and Paypal protection helped me out. The last unit i ordered via a friend from the Italian seller because i wasn't sure if he would send out another one. That was just a few weeks before Soundimports started...
  11. M

No love for IcePower?

I also had 2 1200AS1 units from the Italian Ebay seller failing, one after a few days, other one after about 2 weeks. The present unit is still going strong after a few weeks. I was very happy to see that https://www.soundimports.eu/en/ started to sell Icepower since a couple of weeks...
  12. M

Factory Terminated High End Speaker Cables?

Or order them via Ghent Audio in China, prices are good, they are made to order on any length you like. The quality of the used cables is also good, i just ordered some new speaker cables fabricated using Canares cable. 2x3meter With banana plugs. https://www.ghentaudio.com/part/index-sp.html
  13. M

Calculate output power, and how much is too much for speakers?

Thank you very much for the time taken to answer this! It’s more clear to me how this works. I believe the D70S output is 5v instead 4v. (The D70 outputs 4v) Found this calculator http://www.sengpielaudio.com/calculatorVoltagePower.htm and used to recalculate with 5v. At -10dB the preamp...
  14. M

Calculate output power, and how much is too much for speakers?

Hi all, Finally finished my setup and am very happy with it. Chain is as follows: Windows 10 pc using Tidal Hifi. usb cable. Topping D70s DAC in dac mode (output at max volume) Xlr cables ( Canares star quad from Ghent Audio) Topping pre90 preamp, input set to xlr, output xlr only. Xlr cables...
  15. M

Class D to power B&W Nautilus 803's?

2x 1200as2 gives you 3 channels and 1 spare
  16. M

Oh, only noticed just now you need 7 channels instead 2 after looking up the M27 .
  17. M

I recently finished my dual mono Icepower 1200as1 class d amp, 2x1200w, i use it in combination with a Topping pre90 preamp and a Topping D70S DAC. All connected using xlr cables. Speakers are B&W 802D. I am very satisfied with this combo, even at very high volumes the control over the speakers...
  18. M

Have you thought about the fact the wires in the wall running from the wall socket to the house main fuse box are still the same simple wires? Can’t imagine changing those last 6 ft has any effect. ;-)
  19. M

I believe i have exactly the same, most music plays at 44.1 via Tidal Hifi with mqa pass through turned on. Windows 10 pc, dac connected via usb. As i won’t be home for a week or so I can’t check exactly what’s going on, but above story sounds familiar.
  20. M

Has anyone done a software update on the D70s? I did, when it turned back on the volume was at 0.00 dB if i remember well, it scared the hell out of me as the D70s was connected to my new dual mono 1200as1 which was turned on as well. If not noticed before playing some music this could lead to...
Top Bottom