Search results

1. E

Southwest Audio Fest announced -- Dallas, TX -- March 15-17, 2024--Exhibitor list now up

And the Best Buy in Frisco carries KEF including the Blade. That said, these sounded nice.
  2. E

NAD C 298 Power Amplifier With Purifi Eigentakt Amplification

It is not normal for the sounds to emanate from the case -- except for the clicking of relays when the amplifier switches between power modes. Some people have complained of humming from the case. If actually audible, that is a quality control issue that demands a warranty repair. Your m4a...
  3. E

I found the same issue on my v1.8 unit. I wonder if this is fixed in a later firmware version. I heard that firmware upgrades require a trip to the dealer.
  4. E

If you think Shakespeare wrote Shakespeare... I've got a $1k power cord to sell you!

"Knowing the plays were written by Lord X or Lady Y will not change one word in any of those plays" - Peter Sturrock "A rose by any other name would smell as sweet." - Shakespeare
  5. E

1. Dead silent. Warranty repair otherwise. 2. Auto shutoff is configurable. I use it. Having very sensitive speakers I wish the lowest setting let me play up to 6 dB quieter for the atypical use case of very quiet background listening. 3. Use INPUT SELECT switch to manage audio output level...
  6. E

NAD C268 Power Amplifier Review

Have you tried setting Auto Sense Level to Mid or Low? Low 0.85 mV Mid 1.7 mV High 3.7 mV
  7. E

TV->RPi->DAC possible?

It's possible and sounds the same as a direct connection. However, it may be simpler and cheaper to buy a switch. For example: Amazon.com: 4 Port Toslink Switch, Portta 4x1 SPDIF Optical Digital Audio Switcher Box with IR Remote Control for Apple TV, PS4, Xbox, Blu-ray Player, Sound Bar...
  8. E

RME ADI-2 DAC or miniDSP SHD as preamplifiers?

The balanced output impedance of both the RME ADI-2 and minDSP SHD is 200 Ohm. This is easily compatible with the NAD C298 balanced input impedance of 56 kohms +280 pF. Both volume controls are transparent. RME also provides Loudness which is important for low volume listening. But its 5-band...
  9. E

Leaving Roon, Qobuz and Tidal

Qobuz supports AirPlay 1 and 2. Tap this icon:
  10. E

ASR Open Source Streamer Project

Latency may be a concern. Unrelated to this project, I am experimenting with a BOSS2 Player (allo.com). It introduces about 200 ms of audio delay running moOde/Debian on an RPi4 with 2 GB RAM. I tested the Toslink and analog inputs of this soundcard using Alsa arecord/aplay commands to bypass...
  11. E

Measurements of RME ADI-2 DAC and Headphone Amp

That’s what Exclusive Mode means. Windows grants one app complete control over output. Smart apps relinquish control when playback is paused. Dumb apps have to be closed to allow other apps to output sound. Exclusive mode facilitates bit-perfect playback because the Windows mixer and other...
  12. E

https://community.roonlabs.com/t/heres-an-explanation-of-why-tidal-through-roon-sounds-better-than-tidal-natively-testing-for-dsp-and-alterations/72848
  13. E

To configure exclusive mode in Qobuz: - Tap your name in top right - Select "Music playing" tab - Set "Audio output device" to "Wasapi (Exclusive Mode) - RME ADI-2 DAC" To configure exclusive mode in Tidal: - Tap hamburger icon in top left corner - Select File/Settings - Select "Streaming" tab...
  14. E

Can you really hear the lossy codec? - a public blind test (RESULT)

Yes. I knew it was lossless after I tried to vote. My main concern was that I immediately preferred it to B and wondered if every time I switched back I still preferred A only because I had decided it was better initially. Maybe ABX software would have helped. I really appreciate all the people...
  15. E

Can you really hear the lossy codec? - a public blind test (RESULT)

It looks like the poll closed a half hour too soon for me... Regardless, A was superior. Listen for decays and ambience. B was acceptable. A sounded better and fatigued less. But I was wondering during the test if my initial impression of A's superiority was clouding all my subsequent...
Top Bottom