Search results

1. B

Monoprice HTP-1 Home Theater Processor Review

I don’t think you’re going to be sorry. Hobie posted over at AVS they’re looking to be beta testing ART firmware before the end of the month.
  2. B

Did you try indicated, too?
  3. B

Have you tried any alternate setting on your “inputs” screen? If you toggle on advanced settings you can adjust “PCM Detect Sensitivity” which might be able to reduce the chance of this? From my understanding, it handles how long sound is muted for when the signal is received on the channel...
  4. B

Monolith HTP-1 AV Processor Measurements (June 2023 Firmware + User Testing)

You also need to enable the advanced settings at the top of the screen before you see the VU meter options
  5. B

Make sure you’ve got the most recent firmware loaded (1.10), then go to the custom web interface (youripaddress/custom) and you’ll see the loudness options.
  6. B

Yes - the vu meters are per channel (It’s in the custom ui, not the factory ui)
  7. B

I own and love my HTP-1, but I’m not sure you’re going to experience much, if any, upgrade moving from the SDP-55 to the HTP-1. You can just keep the JBL and convert to analog in the same way you planned to with the HTP-1. I believe what you’ll get compared to the JBL: Loudness compensation...
  8. B

What benefits come from PEQ prior to Dirac? Being able to add PEQ after Dirac has definite benefits (ability to use BEQ and to add EQ to bass transducers) but am curious to learn what might be possible with “pre-EQ”. As an FYI - boot loops are gone on the HTP-1 with the most recent firmware...
  9. B

DLBC is only for subwoofers - so no you do not need any additional license for your setup.
  10. B

Yes - Dirac ART has been announced by Monoprice in the HTP-1 thread at avsforum. No reliability issues (And has a 5 year warranty). It’s available right now. “Loudness” on the HTP-1 is superior to DEQ IMO. You can modify it to your tastes and listening level.
  11. B

I think you were being asked what bugs you think still exist in the HTP-1. There are basically no known major bugs in the HTP-1 so if you’re waiting for others to debug it for you, we already have :)
  12. B

Revel F226be and C426be review on Audioholics

I didn’t. I ended up with 226bes up front and M106s for surrounds. I absolutely love them.
  13. B

Buckeye Amps: Purifi Mono, 2ch, and 3ch Official Thread

Is there going to be any audible difference between an NC502 and a Purifi? Or, if you need more power, is the NC502 going to be a better choice since the power advantage is more likely to be audible than the SINAD difference?
  14. B

I’m pretty sure new NC502s have auto on/off, now.
  15. B

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

What are you saying the Trinnov’s DACs are doing, exactly? Accurately representing the dynamic range of the source material - or artificially altering the dynamic range by “boosting the signal”? And you’re arguing that “boosting the signal” is a good thing? You just keep getting better and...
  16. B

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

You realize you can objectively measure what you “didn’t describe clearly above” (and said the exact opposite of after you realized your description actually implied worse performance)? The likelihood of your processor effecting dynamic range in any meaningful way (without some type of...
  17. B

So much for @MakeMineVinyl and the fix that exists from ATI …..
  18. B

Any update on how things are going? Think we’ll see an Amir review soon?
Top Bottom