Search results

1. P

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

Recently got hold of RPi5 to replace my RPi3+ running LMS. As initial tests showed much improved response from Material Skin I dived into the topic of CPU speed and scaling governors. Neither LMS or Squeezelite need anything better than RPi3 to play high rez audio but topic on hand here is...
  2. P

RPi4 + CamillaDSP Tutorial

As far as I understand RPi3 can be locked to USB1.1. This supposedly help avoid buffer underrun and audio glitches. As there is no such thing as free lunch at the same time networking on the RPi will suffer.
  3. P

I am obsessed with my RPI5 running as a streamer for Qobuz and more!!!

Don't think UI lag stems from RPi hw limitation. But rather server side database access and local browser lag. Here is what I got on my RPi4 with RPi-OS Lite 64-bit running CD quality flac from Squeezelite into CamillaDSP. Where it does integer x2 resampling and add 13 biquad filters. Note CPU...
  4. P

One general question about DIY music servers Are they a HW or a SW issue?

An old RPI3+ can run LMS music server, Squeezelight Player and CamillDSP EQ at idle speed around 700 MHz. Here CamillDSP will upsample 2x and have two channels with multiple biquad filters and the 4 core CPU still run in idle mode. Only when song changes it will speed up to 800Mhz. When...
  5. P

Logitech Media Server etc...

A simple tip that seem to go under the radar. The Touch device will function as a remote for any player on your LMS system. Replicating the screen and controls. From Touch screen select Settings > Choose Player My current setup use RPi4 with RPi-OS > Squeezelite > CamillaDSP > USB DAC where a...
  6. P

Beta-test: DeltaWave Null Comparison software

Any special trick needed to have the Phase delta plot function on Win10? Both 2.0.8 and 2.0.10 tested with same problem. 2023-11-08 01:27:21.2802|INFO|Wave.WaveForm|---- Phase difference (full bandwidth): 42,0426532979263° 2023-11-08 01:27:21.2802|INFO|Wave.WaveForm| 0-10kHz: 13,93°...
  7. P

Are B.M.C. Audio out of business?

You might try to call them. I've not done so again but can tell you B.M.C. never send me an invoice and my amp is still in limbo. I find this strange given they told be the part where in stock. Makes me speculate if the business side of things with bank account etc. might not be in place. Or...
  8. P

All good! :) Today I finaly got through on phone. Possible my own wrong doing as this time I copy paisted the number on my phone just to be sure. My thinking @AnalogSteph confirming the fax was working on extension 69 their 61 extention should also work. My understanding BMC are moving location...
  9. P

Sent them mail and got a very late respond where they confirmed the part I needed where stock. Then when I ordered the new LEF module I never heard back from BMC Audio. Waited 4 weeks in case they only have a single operator on summer vacation. Sadly at no avail. Today I tried calling their...
  10. P

The Truth About Music Streaming

This! I now only buy vinyl and CD albums that I want this intimacy with. Especially vinyl haven me sit down, pause and actually listen to the music. Streaming from Qobus/Spottify and local CD rip have a tendency to be 'always on', often in the background. In the past the collection had items...
  11. P

EAC CIRC and C1 error

Thats what I've concluded also. And this is done using CIRC kode from the disk to correct the high amount of C1 errors RedBook allows for. If not EAC could actually be reading and repeatedly verifying production errors from the media. Which then possible would make 100% match with the...
  12. P

EAC CIRC and C1 error

Yes, this is how I understand the RedBook standard also. When playing on a normal audio CD player the CIRC error code interleaved over several frames will help mitigate many of the bit errors. But EAC do not mention any use of C1 error correction, only refers to C2. I'm guessing this is due to...
  13. P

EAC CIRC and C1 error

Revisitting and old topic as we learn 'new' things from the past. Now using EAC we know it makes a great effort in cloning bits of data as accurate as possible, but does it confirm these bits as valid music data? Reading though its documentation I can not find any mention of how EAC interact...
  14. P

Neumann KH80 DSP Monitor Measurements #3

Are I'm correct to understand it respond to JSON over HTML?
  15. P

Audio-gd Master 7 Singularity Review (DAC)

Or my preferd way to think about it are that we no longer have to stay true to the original source but rather learn to adjust to our liking. We are already at the stage where music produced on a budget can automatically be mastered by a computer algorithm rather than a profesional engineer...
  16. P

LOL :) That truly are food for thoughts :) I own Cubase Pro and this environment as you say have all the tools, but aren't particularly optimized for playback. My thinking are more in lines with devices like Fractal Audio's Axe Fx with multiple FX slots and loads of presets and great remote...
  17. P

I had hoped my comment "not mastered for my stereo" covered that ;) I completely understand your arguments that dirt isn't a magic trick for great audio, hence my initial dual setup. Like to again point out I've landed this conclusion based on a long term setup where I could press my remote...
  18. P

Yes, it is from personal objective experience I'm discussing. But as I'm not a disbeliever in measurements I try make understanding as to where I'm coming from. With an industry utilizing a combination of both poor and great measuring devices. Even emulating distortion to enhance the artistic my...
  19. P

I used the silk screen printing on the PCB to guide me. My thinking your measuring rig would give you confirmation. The M7S specimen measured here we are not certain how was configured given amirm weren't able to set the jumpers. Different for my M7 the M7S have a dedicated NOS mode activated...
  20. P

Yeah, I used to poke finger at them until I learned by own experience. Although I do not subscribe to high cost and find 400$ worth of CNC on a audio device silly I can understand other appreciate that kind of aesthetic. I've come to the conclusion SINAD doesn't really tell much about how I...
Top Bottom