Search results

1. B

Intona USB 3.0 Isolator Review

Success!! Adding a bus-powered 3.0 USB hub after the Intona and before the DAC did the trick! HUGE THANK YOU to everyone (especially Godmax, Atanasi and Veri) for your help!!
  2. B

OK thanks guys. Will try a bus-powered hub. I’m still kind of stumped as to why / how the Intona is creating the ”doubling” issue on track playback. FWIW, to double-check, I also tried plugging the PC, the DAC, my AVR (which is just passing through the signal FWIW) and my amplifier into one...
  3. B

Thanks guys. And just to double-check: is it important that this is a bus-powered hub vs. independently powered? (I’ve read elsewhere that injecting a separate power supply into USB could help). Thank you for your advice!
  4. B

Aargh. So an Intona 7055-C arrived today. I connected my NUC to it (using an A to B cord--A cord from NUC port to B port on Intona), and then to the Gustard X26 Pro (from its A port to the B input on the DAC). I'm stumped. When I try to play tracks, there's a lot of crackling, and then the...
  5. B

Help requested: USB noise issue with NUC8 ROCK and new Gustard X26 Pro

Thanks so much for the tip—will see if I can give that a shot.
  6. B

They are, but I also tried plugging them into separate outlets (e.g., on different walls)—no improvement.
  7. B

Awesome, thanks for the reassurance. Will report back.
  8. B

I’d like to use the USB input to the Gustard if I can for a few reasons, including to see how MQA sounds to my ears.
  9. B

Fingers crossed—thanks for the encouragement! It’s frustrating—I thought the Gustard would have better isolation but apparently not.
  10. B

Hi everyone. I’m a long-time ASR lurker, first-time poster, but am struggling with a new issue and am pretty sure it’s USB noise—and I don’t think I’m using a poorly designed DAC, but rather one recommended around these parts ; ). I just got a Gustard X26Pro. I have a NUC 8 ROCK in a Turing...
  11. B

I hope I have the same experience. Long-time ASR lurker, first-time poster, but am struggling with a new issue and am pretty sure it’s USB noise—and I’m not using a cheap DAC, but rather one recommended around these parts ; ). I just got a Gustard X26Pro. I have a NUC 8 ROCK in a Turing case...
Top Bottom