Search results

1. MBI

Bathroom speakers

Well if bluetooth works with Roon, 2 waterproof speakers are actually sitting in my cupboard! Thanks for mentioning! Hope that BT connection will be straight forward.
  2. MBI

Genelec 8341A SAM™ Studio Monitor Review

If you can afford the 8361A, get it instead of the 8351 (for the bass), srrxr71.
  3. MBI

Bathroom speakers

Dear ASR community, is there a thread for bathroom resistant Roon compatible gear by any chance, obviously not for amazing performance, but humidity resistant to enjoy music from a safe shelf? Many thanks in advance for any suggestion.
  4. MBI

Master Review Index

Thanks for this amazingly useful ranking layout! Is it still updated, by any chance?
  5. MBI

Genelec 8361A Review (Powered Monitor)

I wouldn't update anything if your listening room isn't hudge. 8351B surely is sufficient for many rooms, even more so with a sub. I chose 8361A for a future larger location. In my today 18m² living room, 8361As are way too powerful for my ears and close neighbours (and not so close ones too as...
  6. MBI

As explained, I listened to 8351B with SAM sub. Still not as good as 8361A alone (without A371A). But good still, as far as I could subjectively tell.
  7. MBI

Yes, in the same room, with and without GLM calibration, with and without a Genelec SAM sub, as well as next to 8361A with or without W371A. 8351B sounded great, as far as my ears could subjectively tell. 8361A sounded way bigger compared to 8351B without and with SAM sub (can't remember which)...
  8. MBI

8361A sounds much better than 8351B. The woofers are a big step beyond.
  9. MBI

8361A + W371A sounds bigger (had a chance at listening to that combo), but the price is a big jump.
  10. MBI

[EDIT] If the listening experience of such performant speakers can't be improved with a DAC SINAD over 100, then what system does? Some may be interested to know that RopieeeXL (Roon compatible) has an included HifiBerry Digi+ driver which here successfully runs the Raspberry pi DIGIPI+AES HAT...
  11. MBI

Audiophonics HPA-S400ET Review (Stereo Amplifier)

Many thanks for explaining! That's very useful thank you. Topping Pre90 is a high SINAD (>120) preamp which I don't think is designed or even applicable to headphones, but I could be wrong so please feel free to check Amir's review here.
  12. MBI

Can't remember why, but a buffer seemed necessary to someone on this forum for some reason. Not sure what part is bypassed exactly in low gain. Not sure it matters much, but unless I misunderstood Topping Pre90 specs, the output impedance is rated either as 20Ω or 40Ω (balanced or unbalanced...
  13. MBI

Got it now! Thanks. Will try that 45€ Digipi+AES Raspberry pi 4B hat as an 8361A input since it should make no difference at all. No external DAC takes even less room and that nice Topping D90SE will be used in another system.
  14. MBI

Many thanks for your explaination. Why an analog signal would mandatorily be redigitised and converted back again to an analog signal before being amplified, I don't get it, is this really how Genelec works? If so, wouldn't it be just as good but much cheaper to just use an AES/EBU Raspberry...
  15. MBI

Unlike nerdoldnerdith (many thanks again), Genelec customer service won't say: "Due to company policy, we don't share any component-specific information. We do share all data of the system-performance. Amplifier system THD at nominal output <0.05% This for example includes AD, DSP, DA and...
  16. MBI

Do you expect input buffer suppression to be cheaper or better or both? The Audiophonics HPA-S400ET in bypass mode is presented as admitting 2 to 4 kΩ impedance outputs. Does that mean the lower limit is 2 Ω or 2 kΩ?
  17. MBI

Very many thanks! I'm so grateful. Wonder if a 123 SINAD Topping D90SE fed through the analogue inputs makes an audible difference or if the 100 SINAD built in DAC is as precise as the speakers can go anyway. Would be eager to blind test my wife, switching from analogue to digital inputs...
  18. MBI

Does anyone please know what SINAD is to be expected from the 8361A inside DAC, I may have missed parts of the discussion? Many thanks in advance for any help. [EDIT: just asked Genelec customer's support and will report if they respond]
  19. MBI

Pro goes hifi or hifi goes pro?

Very many thanks for your kind response. Nice specs indeed! But would the difference with say a pair of bridged Benchmark AHB2 (ten times cheaper than the Halcros) likely be audible?
  20. MBI

Pro goes hifi or hifi goes pro?

Would you please be kind enough to name one or two, out of curiosity?
Top Bottom