Search results

1. P

Extracting surround channels from HDMI LPCM digitally?

Yulun, is there an hdmi to USB or AOIP AES 67 box? Trying to get the 5.0 LPCM coming out of Apple TV into Mac running a convolver.
  2. P

Extracting surround channels from HDMI LPCM digitally?

Kal, is there a cost effective way to get the 5.1 LPCM audio coming out of an Apple TV into a Mac so it may be processed by a convolver? The VanityPro and Arvus should work, but they are rather expensive. From what I’ve read it seems the Apple TV decodes everything to LPCM if you turn off the...
  3. P

TAD CR1

I haven’t heard the Genelecs, but the R1s and CR1s are extraordinary speaker. Current pricing is insane. Both TADs benefit greatly from judicious application of DSP to reduce room effects and tailor the frequency response to one’s preference. They are wide dispersion speakers and this will...
  4. P

New Magico TITAN subwoofer

Having owned Magico Q5s I feel these were the worst speakers purchase I ever made, horrible customer support, especially at this price point, sounded ok but not great.
  5. P

Review and Measurements of Benchmark AHB2 Amp

Thanks for all the complements regarding my system. I mentioned this previously in the thread, but given that several of us are TAD R1/CR1 fans, and implicitly Andrew Jones fans, I will write again that Andrew’s twin brother was a key designer of the AHB2. This, plus Amir’s extremely thorough...
  6. P

The speakers are very close to the front wall and in the corners. You can see with the room gain the deep bass needs to be attenuated 10-15 db. For music this is accomplished with a Mitch Barnett convolution filter (lighter colored on the graph) running on Roon; for home theater I use Dirac on...
  7. P

These are great pieces and customer service at Pass is exceptional. I found a mint second hand unit that was acting up a bit, so I had Pass check it to make sure everything was OK. No charge. Came back perfect. Try this with Spectral … Too bad there is no real consumer demand for active...
  8. P

Some amps run out of voltage first, some current, depending on the load. The AHB2 is very capable both in terms of voltage swing and current. And they are very stable into reactive loads. I’ve not been able to reach its limits nor do I expect most anyone will in residential or studio use.
  9. P

RPG Abfusors on ceiling and side wall.
  10. P

Benchmark AHB2 and Perlisten R7T impedance question

https://accuratesound.ca/ This is the link to Mitch’s website. You take your own measurements and send them to Mitch, it’s very simple to do with REW. The real work is designing the convolution filter. If you move the speakers to a different location, you need to redo the process...
  11. P

My convolution filter has over 50,000 taps. I doubt you can achieve similar results with a parametric EQ or even with REW designing a convolution filter. I tried. Wasn’t even close but I expect this also depends on how bad the room is. Highly recommend hiring someone like Mitch Barnett. Next...
  12. P

Two R1s. For the rear just a couple custom made speakers using the Jeff Bagby Continuum II design. The room is only 12x18, and it images amazingly well now. Don’t see adding more speakers and it’s very hard to find a match for the R1s as a center channel. Dirac works great for movies.
  13. P

The R1s are sensational. I typed R2 above in error. I’m using a Pass XVR1 as an active LPF for the two woofers, and also as an active HPF in series with the stock internal passive crossover that drives the coax. Each TAD has one AHB2 on the woofers and one AHB2 on the coax. The passive LPF...
  14. P

I assume you spoke to Rory at Benchmark. I made a similar call before purchasing AHB2s for my TAD R1s. Rory assured me that they would work fine and he was correct. Mine are in bridged mode, which in a way stresses the amp's current capabilities a bit more. But again, Rory said they would be...
  15. P

As I understand, the clipping indicators on the AHB2 would be triggered if the amp starts to distort. I've never seen that happen in my room under real world situations with movies and music with TAD R2s, then again I have 4 in bridged mono biamping the R2s. Only time my amps clipped was one...
  16. P

Denon AVR-X4800H AVR Review

If the mic is pointed at the ceiling, use the 90 degree one, and use the other calibration file if the mic is pointed towards the speakers. In my case for home theater I used Dirac and since I have two surround speakers, the mic was pointing towards the ceiling for all the measurements. So the...
  17. P

Yes, I found the programable triggers to be very flexible but for the same reason the set up is a bit tricky
  18. P

https://www.denon.com/on/demandware.static/-/Library-Sites-denon_northamerica_shared/default/dw180bcf2a/downloads/avr-x4800h-owners-manual-en.pdf See page 259. You can activate the triggers either by the zone, input or HDMI that is selected on the 4800. Just realize that if you use input to...
Top Bottom