Search results

1. Ingenieur

Topping LA90 Review (Integrated Amplifier)

Wonder if it could drive these to a satisfying volume? Fed from one of their higher tier DAC's. Should sound pretty good. $800 amp $500 DAC $400 speakers $500 form factor computer, cd reader, SSHD FooBar, DBPOWERAMP All set 75 dB, 4 m, 6 dB room gain, 2,speakers. Net eff 96 dB 0.008 W...
  2. Ingenieur

Seems pretty direct? Nothing passive about it. ;) 93.57% + 53.57 percent > 100% ??? That may be considered 'passive' :D
  3. Ingenieur

The folks who whine the most never contribute a dime to the effort. Speak less, think more. You are not qualified to judge engineering accomplishment. Neither am I in this area, but I know enough when I see others in the same boat spouting BS to call it out. The difference: Amir has actually...
  4. Ingenieur

Wrong The most vocal are the negative Calling someone condescending IS condescending. Keep your preaching to yourself. What is 'hilarious' is your attempt to counsel me. Life's mission? At least I have one, you should get one rather than pontificate on that of others. I won't be subtle, you...
  5. Ingenieur

I quarter no BS. I like ice cream, who doesn't? Cherry Garcia ;) You do not know me, so defining my emotional state is not germane, nor helpful, so please refrain. Read my posts in this thread. I'm about the only one not ripping the review, Amir and the LA90 apart. They put effort into the...
  6. Ingenieur

Speaker wires don't carry any energy (power).

Assume a 345 kV line 200 kV to ground plane We know 95% of the energy is contained within 5% of phase spacing. Assume 30' spacing (typically 26-28 iirc). 5% ~ 1.5' V at this point ~ (0.95)^2 x 200 kV = 180 kV E = (200 - 180)/1.5 = 13,300 V/ft A null point since initial point of reference. At...
  7. Ingenieur

Then why all the wires in your home? And feeding your home? And to the transformer feeding your home? And in the generator feeding all the xfmrs between it and your home? And the windings in generators and xfmrs? And the ones is offices going to fluorescent tubes? Maybe you know something they...
  8. Ingenieur

Surmise all what? My rationale? That it was an opinion? Or you offered him no assistance? Please clarify.
  9. Ingenieur

Why not? Less filtering and electronics in the chain, distortion, noise and phase Less cabling Less adjustments, just blend the woofer. Without knowing his speakers 80 Hz may be too high, especially if their lower end is 40-50 Hz. He would need the sub low pass at 80 Hz, my experience the...
  10. Ingenieur

Conclusions: No wires needed Power transmission is lossless Velocity of propagation > 1c?
  11. Ingenieur

I think the low pass is adjustable. I would assume the app matches. The line out high pass (if on your model) is fixed at 80 Hz. Honestly, I would just use the sub low pass and let the speakers run full range.
  12. Ingenieur

This might clear things up for some. This is the ONLY reference to Poynting in 3 grad level texts on power systems. System analysis Computer modeling & Control Transients May be VIEWED AS, not treated as. But without the conductor, no large scale power transmission..or small scale. Only signal...
  13. Ingenieur

That is the pot calling the kettle black 1 not a perfect conductor 2 not a static charge 3 the net field is in the direction of power flow. Some in the conductor, the balance typically within 10% of the radius. 4 the field does not vanish, the net vector sum of internal and external E is...
  14. Ingenieur

Stereophile has started calculating EPDR.

This is supposed to represent the power dissipated/produced by the amplifier, I question the relevance. Z = impedance R = resistance X = reactance Phase = angle V to I in degrees Z = R + jX phase a = arctan(X/R) R = |Z| cos a X = |Z| sin a It can also be expressed as |Z| / a Let's pick a point...
  15. Ingenieur

Lol That is a heck of a construct for an educational tool. Unless all you want to do is gin up confusion, controversy and generate revenue. ;)
  16. Ingenieur

Context From my post above we see >99% of the magnetic field B exists within the conductor. And the primary variable is I current. The same derivation can be done for E the electric field and the variable will be V, voltage or potential. B ~ I E ~ V P = V I S = 1/u E x B (S~rate of energy...
  17. Ingenieur

Your sub line outs may have a hi-pass. You could feed the sub from the D90 then use the sub line outs to feed the amp. The base SB2000 has it, fixed at 80 Hz. The 'pro' does not mention it. 80 is high depending on speakers and just using the sub low pass imo gives better results. The LA90 has...
  18. Ingenieur

That should work fine. Basically use the Topping D90SE for volume control. But you might be better off with just a power amp instead of the LA90. imo You should let the speakers run full range, do not filter them. Use the sub to set the upper low pass cutoff to blend with the speakers.
  19. Ingenieur

Context ACSR Al conductor steel reinforced used for OH power transmission. Sizes are named after birds. Lol Steel core wrapped with Al Assume 'scoter', OD 1", steel 0.44" Equations for magnetic field strength B I = current = 640 (80% of rated) u = relative permeability to uo air r = radius of...
  20. Ingenieur

Let's put some context into this nonsense. ACSR is it is hyperbole and misleading clickbait, lol
Top Bottom