Search results

1. C

OK, what are you guys buying yourselves for Christmas?

A house and a car. ...and I got some Revel F206's too. I am broooooooooooke after January.
  2. C

WiiM Pro Plus Streamer Review

Looking forward to the Wiim Amp review. That one could be a great low-budget fully-featured amplifier with a subwoofer output. This one seems perfectly solid, no surprises there. They found a formula for their streamer and just iterated a little to make it better.
  3. C

Dan Clark E3 Headphone Review

Awesome product. An open version of this might be the only thing drawing me away from my HD800S one day. Though comfort is a huge factor for me, and when I demo'd the Expanse it wasn't quite comfortable to me. Stupid glasses being the biggest factor to comfort's detriment...
  4. C

Yet another Revel F206 thread

I'll be going to buy these second-hand tomorrow to replace my M105's. Still gonna need a sub judging from what I know, but I need a second setup anyway due to an upcoming move. Very much looking forward to it. First set of floorstanding speakers for me. Anything I need to know when I take a...
  5. C

Can anyone explain the vinyl renaissance?

I have a small vinyl collection. Despite owning a record player and occasionally playing the records, I have them almost entirely because of the wall art aspect. I like seeing my favourite music physically represented. I like showing a bit of my music taste and personality through these albums...
  6. C

Topping RD3 TP Balanced DAC Review

I imagine this is almost entirely a product for the home rack. You know, the kind of device an integrator would sell. Except this is more of a DIY device with much lower price than those sold by such companies. If I had a 19" rack for Hifi stuff, I would definitely consider adding this to it...
  7. C

Topping D70 Pro Sabre DAC Review

I'll gladly buy you a few DACs in trade for a kidney. You want a few of those VU meters from earlier this week too?
  8. C

Arendal 1961 Center/Monitor Speaker Review

So this is a good example of what a $500-ish center with an MTM configuration can do. Can we get something like a DALI Opticon Vokal MK2 to see what that performs like? Three-way center that's a little more expensive, but also not in an MTM configuration. I don't know if there's other examples...
  9. C

Denon AVR-X3800H Review

It's a shame to see a regression here, especially at a much-increased pricepoint. I did have plans to replace my Marantz SR7010, mostly for compatibility reasons with new HDMI features. But if it's not even going to have better performance, it feels pretty bad to spend more than what I spent on...
  10. C

cable length influence for balanced signals

There is a certain minimum price for making a 'balanced' cable from a materials and labour standpoint. But spending more money will not get you any amount of better sound quality. You might want better connectors (Neutrik for example) for reliability, or a nicer sleeve or even braid to make the...
  11. C

10 Best Electrostatic Headphones in 2022

These 'articles' are written by bots to farm adsense and clickthrough money. No human was used in the creation of this page. Which I guess is... good, in a way. At least they're not stupid, only malicious.
  12. C

Dan Clark Expanse Headphone Review

So I spent quite some time listening to the Expanse at a shop today. For comparison, I brought my HD800S, EQ'd with my ADI-2. Here are a few thoughts: These things are very power-hungry. I don't see how a dongle could power them at decent volume, and didn't have the adapters to try. My ADI-2...
  13. C

What headphone(s) do you own ?

Let's see... Hifiman HE300. This has to be the worst pair of headphones I legitimately bought expecting something decent. It does not produce music. It just produces bass. Lots and lots of it. Hifiman HE560 I learned nothing apparently. These are... less awful. They're not super comfortable...
  14. C

The biggest thing I have against closed-back headphones for home use is that I often have talks or meetings during the day, or Discord calls in the evening for gaming, and I'd like to use these for all of that. But closed-back makes it so I sound weird to myself, which I am not a fan of...
  15. C

Comparison between AEON 2 Closed and Senheiser HD600

Well if you feel like your spending with the Aeon 2 is too much, then definitely return them. (if you can) These things are utter luxury objects, so it's all about how you feel about them. If you want to experience a similar sound, consider picking op the Drop Closed X version. They'll be very...
  16. C

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

I don't really like traditional IEMs these days (Airpods Pros are enough for light stuff around the house), but for this kind of price I might as well get them and have them for when I do need something hyper-portable that still sounds great. The IEM market seems completely insane though, even...
  17. C

@Dan Clark I know how difficult this question can be to answer, since it's comparing two babies: Voce vs Expanse - what are in your opinion the differences between them? What does one do better than the other? I'll eschew from asking which you prefer, just want to know where they differ...
  18. C

In some ways the Stealth is more impressive, I agree. But from a practical use case standpoint an open-backed is so much more comfortable in my opinion. I tried wearing my Aeon Noire at home and while it was comfortable, there is just a sense of closed off-ness that I do not like. It's also way...
  19. C

I might sell my HD800, SR-007 and a few lesser 'phones for this, honestly. What's the point of having other ones when you can have performance like this? :)
  20. C

Monoprice Monolith THX 887 Balance Headphone Amp: New Champ?

If it gets loud enough, you should be good. From what I can gather it seems like the balanced output van deliver quite a bit more power regardless of input voltage (though I only took a cursory glace at the data...), so if you can find a reasonably priced cable to go with the balanced output it...
Top Bottom