Search results

1. S

Revel F206 Tower Speaker Review

I will wait for them to fall off a truck. Then I can get them for $500 a pair with a few scratches and dents. I know, I'm cheap.:facepalm: I was still using old monster speaker wire till about 7 years ago. That stuff was early on Monster wire, must have been 30 years old. I used it when it was a...
  2. S

Extreme Snake Oil

Referencing cables?
  3. S

Extreme Snake Oil

Maybe saying is it audible is a far better statement. If not, who cares? We can measure stuff all day long that is not audible. Even a sloppy blind test can prove it. Engineering level testing NOT required. This stuff has been settled decades ago by many engineers working for companies with...
  4. S

Legal fund for Reviewers/Erin?

Anything I say will be very, very negative about Tekton. So, I will take the high road and not say anything. But if I did say something, it would fit in the "Snake Oil" thread more than here.:facepalm:
  5. S

Food Science Review

Hmmmm, I don't have any problems with steak. I cook it well done with a bit of char on it and man is it good! Never had all the juice run out as I rest it two minutes before diving in. I guess this might be called the Neanderthal cooking method. It flat out works. I can't get rare or raw meat...
  6. S

Extreme Snake Oil

That sounds like LSD trips.
  7. S

Extreme Snake Oil

I find the #4 recommendation to be quite remarkable. Using the custom designed and molded aluminum helmet will give so much more to the wearer than a simple aluminium folded hat. I vote for the tax hike for people with over one million until I reach one million. Then it will need to be scrapped...
  8. S

Ascend Sierra-1 V2 Speaker Review

I'm still trying to understand the cold electronics comment. What is the difference between cold or warm? Maybe it has something to do with the electron flow. Those electrons can get hot running through those wires at such a high speed. Plus, they might need a rest now and then. Sarcasm off.
  9. S

Soundbar with bass management

I would recommend if your sub is boomy to turn it down until it just stops being too boomy. That is the free easy fix that gets you in the ballpark. Try not to overthink it if possible. But YMMV. Good Luck in your endeavor.
  10. S

Extreme Snake Oil

Great photo of some 60s/70s vintage speakers. I just can't get into them in this day and age. The always interesting Klipsch RF7s are always worth listening too. I think they have three or four versions they have made over the years. I heard the first version and they did sound (to me) amazing...
  11. S

PS Audio sent Erin their speaker??!!

So, it looks the The FR10 is a very nice speaker. Who knows? It might be their best speaker of the FR line. Erin did a great review and as he stated they sounded very good. A very nice product made for people who can afford it. If I could afford them I would be tempted to give them a try...
  12. S

Which headphones would not make me miss my surround system too much?

I hate to say this, but in reality having been through what you are thinking of, nothing beats the pure realism and gravitas of a good surround system. Notice I said good. So, you just have to get your headphones and EQ them to the best you can for your preferences. I miss the old subwoofer kick...
  13. S

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

You have not lived until you toast some electronic devices. When I was a youngster but after I was a police officer, I was working in industrial electronics and I had lots of engineers on tap if needed. So, I would have them swing by with their coffee cup and see what I was destroying er, ah I...
  14. S

Extreme Snake Oil

Matt, your not used to dealing with people with severe mental problems. Many decades ago when I was a police officer I would get a call by concerned neighbors and or family members to check on someone. When I went into the house and saw any aluminum foil action or other weirdness, I would arrest...
  15. S

Extreme Snake Oil

Killingbeans, you know it has a massive effect on sound in the BGhz range. Yes that is the Bazillion Gigahertz range. Just so you know. I am getting all sciency again!o_O
  16. S

Akitika GT-108 Stereo Amplifier Kit Review

Also exploding capacitors! One of my all time favorites is small exploding caps. Back in the day I have seen a techs face peppered with paper confetti from the cap exploding in his face. Dang when you are working under time pressure in a commercial setting, wild things happen. I do wish some...
  17. S

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

We all know that nothing beats the pure sound of a highly corroded copper wire. It seems the corrosion lends the wire near magical properties. I's say to sell them at 5 times the original price! Fantastic old wire pics.
  18. S

Can you hear a difference between audio cables? ABX test

In my opinion the cables sound the same. I used a strict testing regimen accounting for as many variables as I could. In the end, my cat couldn't tell the difference at all. He has very good hearing too. So, as they say, that settles that. I hate having to get all sciency like this but some...
Top Bottom