Search results

1. Penelinfi

New Leak Sandwich 150 and 250 speakers

Aluminium skin with stiff foam backing for woofer and midrange, like the original. But they use a slightly larger than normal dome tweeter instead of the full range unit. Sandwich construction supposedly fixes all problems like cone breakup, IMD, and gives great transient response...
  2. Penelinfi

March Audio Sointuva AWG Bookshelf Speaker Review by ERIN's Audio Corner

I'm considering getting a pair of these seeing as they have a sale on at the moment; I quite like this finish. Not sure if I should go for a navy or darker front, or get the natural wood. Matias' Blackwood ones look nice too. Not sure which wood the ones below are using.
  3. Penelinfi

Sound leakage through cone material and passive radiators

Is this generally anything to worry about? We seem to make really solid cabinets but then you still have a thin piece of paper/metal/plastic that while damped, you would think lets a bit of sound back out from the enclosure. Maybe using smaller drivers for higher frequencies reduces this...
  4. Penelinfi

PS Audio FR10 sneak peak

There they are, they look "normal sized" I guess. Rear passive radiators on this one
  5. Penelinfi

New Buchardt A10 about to be released

Active class D, "custom" Purifi woofer, new aluminium dome tweeter. Website is all marketing spiel so far. Will be interesting to see(hear) how they sound and measure Oh and the cabinet is solid wood apparently Edit : not sure how the "duplicate thread finder" didn't show the other thread...
  6. Penelinfi

Tang Band w4-2356 offset voice coil speaker

So recently, Tang Band has made this off centre voice coil full range speaker. https://audioxpress.com/article/test-bench-the-w4-2356-4-full-range-from-tang-band-tb-speaker Seems quite good. I notice audio express states "an important and interesting new driver from Tang Band" However...
  7. Penelinfi

Faint buzz from woofer when nothing physically connected to speaker

So I've just noticed a very faint ground loop style buzz coming from a woofer, only really notice it from 50cm and closer. I thought it may be seepage through the amp when turned off. It wasn't. Unplug speaker leads from speaker - buzz still there! I also unplugged a few powered devices in the...
  8. Penelinfi

Physical barrier low pass

When I modify very cheap speakers, sometimes I will use a block of felt suspended in front of the bass mid driver to reduce the high frequencies. Is there a reason there are not more speakers that would use a physical barrier to reduce extraneous frequencies, even in conjunction with the...
  9. Penelinfi

XLR to XLR + RCA?

I'm going to get a DAC with XLR output, but also have some studio monitors I may be using, that don't have a sub out. I'd like to add a sub to them. Currently I don't have an XLR sub. Is it possible to split XLR into XLR plus one RCA without losing the benefits of XLR for the monitors? Eg. Use...
  10. Penelinfi

External USB DAC to amp vs Toslink to amp's internal DAC

Say I get a Topping d10B - would it be better to use its balanced outputs going into unbalanced analogue input on amplifier receiver or Toslink output into the digital input on said amplifier, which supposedly has 120dB range 24bit/96kHz Burr-brown DACs inside? I'm leaning towards using optical...
Top Bottom