Search results

1. kiwifi

Peavey MediaMatrix NION nX DSP

Anybody got any experience with the Peavey MediaMatrix NION nX DSP? https://peaveycommercialaudio.com/product/nion-nx-cobranet-2/
  2. kiwifi

Sony SA-WX900 Push-Pull Subwoofer (Pictures, Measurements & Mods)

I like push-pull subs, but I was unaware that Sony had made any, until I noticed one for sale on a local auction site. In fact Sony has made two models that I know of. A dual 10" 250W sub (SA-WX700) and the one that I found, which is a dual 12" sub with a 1000W B&O IcePower 1000A amplifier...
  3. kiwifi

Multi-Sub Optimizer (MSO): Lessons Learned, Tips & Tricks

Every time I use Multi-Sub Optimizer (MSO) I learn something new, or maybe I just forget what I learned last time! I don't want to repeat what is already available in the MSO documentation and online videos, but I thought it might be useful to create this thread to gather lessons learned from...
  4. kiwifi

DIY Push-Pull Subwoofer: Passive M&K MX-5100

I am planning to build a passive version of the M&K (Miller & Kreisel) MX-5100 (a.k.a. MPS-5420SFSB) using a pair of genuine M&K, brand new (old stock) 17035 "Super Fast" 12" 8ohm drivers that I bought on eBay. The drivers cost 55USD each, but by the time they reach New Zealand they will have...
  5. kiwifi

Mordaunt Short T-1000 Centre Speaker

I've got the chance to purchase a Mordaunt Short T-1000 Centre Speaker in excellent condition. Has anybody got any experience with this speaker, because I haven't been able to find out much about it online?
  6. kiwifi

HSMD2500 Amplifier Module

I am thinking of using one of these in BTL mode for a subwoofer amp. Any thoughts or experience with this particular module? HSMD2500 High Power Dual Channel IRS2092 Digital 2×500W 4Ω Bridged 1000W 8Ω Switching Power Supply Professional Power Amplifier AMP Board Link Features: ● HSMD2500 is...
  7. kiwifi

200L Barrel Subwoofer

I've decided to build a subwoofer out of a 200L plastic barrel. I have three subs at the moment, all sealed, and I feel like l am missing some LFE punch when watching movies. This sub will focus on frequencies below 35Hz. I happen to have a pair of Pyle PL1090BL 10" drivers and according to...
  8. kiwifi

16 Channel Dirac Processor (Real or Fake?)

I saw this on eBay. https://www.ebay.com/itm/224468484221 There is no manufacturer or model listed, so it is hard to confirm if it is actually supported by Dirac. Any idea if this is real or fake?
  9. kiwifi

QSC DSP-4 Digital Signal Processor

Has anyone got any experience using the QSC DSP-4 (or DSP-3 or DSP-30)? I've just bought one to use with my subwoofers. I plan to insert very narrow (1Hz) notch filters at each of the (11) axial room modes up to 120Hz. The DSP-4 is programed using the QSC Signal Manager. It is capable of...
Top Bottom