Search results

1. S

VMV D1se2 Stereo DAC Review

Finally tempted to replace my Topping D3+ after about 1 decade.. Got this D1SEv2 at discount price for ex display product, $450.. lot of input/output choices.. xlr output is clean.. btw, the firmware is upgradable? Is there any improvement in function or bug removal? thanks
  2. S

D.A.S. Monitor 8 speaker, is it good?

Pair, the speaker comes out in year 2000. The seller said that he bought 10 years ago. hmm, so it’s bad idea to match the 8 inch woofer with 1 inch tweeter?
  3. S

D.A.S. Monitor 8 speaker, is it good?

Just found some ad that selling this speaker for about US$500. Great looking with iroko wood on the side panel. Also 8 inch driver so it should be quite good at low frequency. Here’s the link for spec and graph: Spec DAS from my (very beginner and newbie) opinion, it’s quite good for speaker...
  4. S

KEF R3 Meta vs Linton vs ?

Yeah but the customs and tax makes them really expensive. I just read another recommendation, this time from Elac brand. How dou you guys compare Linton with DBR62 and UBR62? And maybe Carina BS 243.4? Except for DBR (40% price of Linton), they priced similarly.
  5. S

thanks. So with Linton i don‘t need the sub. Thanks, i didn’t plan to change the amp. Maybe i’ll upgrade for dual mono ZA3 in the future, not for extra watt but for better separation. If i can’t hear the difference then i could put the other ZA3 in my real home. lol thanks. So Linton equal...
  6. S

Hello, Need suggestion here, looking for upgrade in speaker. From Audioengine HDP6, i want to buy the replacement. Seems like KEF R3 and Linton got nice review here (and in Erin‘s review). No floorstanding because my job require me to move from time to time to another town (about 2 years). In...
  7. S

AIYIMA A07 TPA3255 Review (Amplifier)

Here’s the update.. it turns out that my A07 potentiometer is defect. When i took it to the repairman and he test it, the potentiometer is 50K on one channel and 70K on the other channel. No wonder it sounds unbalance. I change it with Alps potentiometer (the cheap one but have the same size...
  8. S

II swapped the cable on the speaker and yes, the unbalanced sound still exists. This time the lower volume on the right goes to the left. I have to check in my storage for my old amp though, still haven’t check with other amp.
  9. S

so i have changed my op amp (now using LM4562), changed my speaker cable, changed power supply, even changed my speaker (well, i got this DIY 4 way speaker with swans driver really cheap so i got to buy it lol) and the volume balance problem still persist.. one thing that i notice, i try to...
  10. S

i see. So for the purpose of my system (desktop with 4 ohm bookshelf speaker placed near listening position) the 24v is enough. I do feel more than enough volume with volume knob at 9-10 clock (1/4 -1/3 volume). even though it’s frustrating to get this amp works normally, i do feel a lot of...
  11. S

I see. So that’s why when i put little volume the balance is off. Can you recommend the better potentiometer (from Alps for example) that fit in the pcb and casing? Many thanks. If the solution is sending back the amplifier then it would cost a lot lol, so i don’t expect much. oh btw, what...
  12. S

Yeah, he’s the one that replace the socket. Thanks for the suggestion. already contact Aiyima through the platform where i bought the amplifier. I don’t expect much though. btw, new problem arise after i set up the amplifier in my home. Here is my system: laptop - USB cable - Topping D3 - RCA...
  13. S

Thank you Mr Adam the moderator. Okay, here’s the report. Turns out that my amplifier has a problem in the DC power socket. The repairman (is it the correct name? Lol) test the amplifier by bypassing the DC socket and it works. He told me to bring my power supply for further test tomorrow...
  14. S

Thanks, Toku. Unfortunately i already tried your suggestion and the amplifier still doesn’t work. I already bought another power supply (this time is 48v 3a) and still doesn’t work. I guess tomorrow i’ll try to bring this amplifier to the amplifier service center.
  15. S

Thanks Phoenix, after googling to know what the polarity in my power supply, its positive polarity. Just like Aiyima power supply 32v on their website...
  16. S

Thanks, Toku. Greetings from Indonesia. I’ve been to your contry a couple years ago. It really is a beautiful country with clean and organized environment. And the people also helpful to foreigner. for voltmeter, unfortunately i dont have that tool. Would it be better for me to bring this to...
  17. S

i already bought Aiyima A07 based on recommendation on this thread. I also bought adaptor power supply rated at 24v 6a. The problem is, my amplifier doesnt on at all. I already switch the power multiple times and also plug-unplug the adaptor multiple times. Still doesnt turn on. when i use the...
Top Bottom