Search results

1. Eidie

Why?

What are you after people? Is it the unattainable? Do you just want more stuff? Can you be happy with what you’ve achieved/got? Just why?
  2. Eidie

Please help! Interpretation please

I found this review, with measurements of the AE520 speakers (my new ones. Still happy!). https://www.hifi-voice.com/testy-a-recenze/reprosoustavy-podlahove/2921-acoustic-energy-ae520 I have used Google translate (my Czech is limited). The interpretation of the measurements is limited. I...
  3. Eidie

Ahhhh! How can this be possible?

I’ve been working out my new system. https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/i-think-i’m-done.24972/#post-846774 Today I have be listening to Orbital - Snivilization. The phenomenon I am about to talk to appears on most tracks but is really apparent on track 2 “I wish I had...
  4. Eidie

The perfect transducer

if you had the perfect transducer. Totally flat FR across the audible band. Not cabinet resonance. No audible distortion. Perfect HF dispersion. Feel free to add other requirements. Room correction would still be required (would it not?). So... Room correction is a misnomer. It should be...
  5. Eidie

I think I’m done

Today my system is complete: RME ADI-2 DAC March audio P451 (x2) Acoustic Energy AE520 Ha Ha Ha! I have asked Acoustic Energy to send in a sample for testing. I really hope they do. I’d send mine but shipping from Australia...Nah. I’m ecstatic. This system does all I have ever hoped for...
  6. Eidie

Request for a new forum - Books!

I’m an avid reader and I’m sure I’m not the only one here. I’m always on the lookout for suggestions. So... How about adding a new forum - books! I’m thinking sub forums for different genres, maybe one for technical reference, another for sci-fi/speculative fiction etc., etc. Obviously this...
  7. Eidie

Share your system. And HELLO!

I know there is an hello thread. Haven’t been able to find it. Am happy to be directed. Hello! I’ve been lurking for months. Signed up a few weeks ago. After years of tolerating “sound” from my system I’ve recently rejoined the fray. Worth mentioning that I’m in rural Tasmania. Availability of...
  8. Eidie

Pc requirements for room correction plugins

Hello everybody! Whilst not new to the pursuit of fine audio reproduction I have had a hiatus and things have moved on. Current system: RME ADI-2 dac fs Denon avr (soon to be replaced with March P451 monoblocks) Theophany Psuche speakers (please don’t look at their website. It may make your...
  9. Eidie

Wanted...Help, guidance, a guru

I started my journey with a NAD 3020e, Wharfedale Diamonds and a Dual turntable. The vageries of life have left me with a Denon AVR fed by an ipad via analogue. This is not acceptable. I have been lurking here for a few months & have been impressed with the knowledge, empiricism and cordiality...
Top Bottom