Search results

1. lucretius

MQA Deep Dive - I published music on tidal to test MQA

You do realize that you must login to an active Tidal account to effect this download? IOW, you must leave your footprint.
  2. lucretius

Not necessarily. E.g. when you tell Roon that your DAC is a "Renderer only", Roon leaves some code in place in the control stream for (1) authentication; (2) for "upsampling" and mQa filter selection; and (3) indication of the source sample rate. OTH, If you tell Roon that your DAC has "No MQA...
  3. lucretius

Apparently, another two people buy and download MQA files from highresaudio.com.
  4. lucretius

How? Do you mean with the open source downloader? It appears that this tool can only download one album at a time without human intervention. After each album download one must then select another album for download. With 60M tracks, there are conceivably 6M albums, requiring as many human...
  5. lucretius

Of course, subscribers are paying. But if there are a significant number of subscribers there for the MQA, then the economies of scale can be passed on to all subscribers.
  6. lucretius

I don't want what Tidal has. And there is no DRM with the captured tracks.
  7. lucretius

You could do more than one at a time. In any case, it's still not practical to capture all 60M tracks.
  8. lucretius

Simply capture the bits, real-time. I didn't think it was a mystery.
  9. lucretius

You could steal all Tidal's tracks but it would take more than 1 month.
  10. lucretius

This is one of the few things I can agree with. I am curious about the 52 kHz vs say 48 kHz.
  11. lucretius

A few years back, I remember reading Warner was planning to convert its entire catalog to MQA. There where similar statements from Universal and Sony but these two seem to have pulled back. Also, it seems Warner has slowed down a bit -- I'm not sure what can be inferred by that. Perhaps...
  12. lucretius

I could see some clipping in the Eagles Hotel California album -- MQA 192. I didn't unpack it, but I doubt that would change anything. Nonetheless, I don't believe the MQA encoder avoids clipping. It also doesn't appear to improve DR scores either.
  13. lucretius

Audirvana 3.5 and Audirvana Studio also "consume" Tidal content and decode MQA (1st unfold). Similarly, USB Audio Player Pro (for Android) does the same.
  14. lucretius

The baseline layer is 17-bit 44.1/48 kHZ for 24 bit MQA and less for 16-bit MQA (the latter varies depending on the encoder used).
  15. lucretius

Thank for the Video. Ineresting. It addresses how loud sound can be. Now I Just need to figure out how loud the noise floors are (of equipment, of a typical room etc.)
  16. lucretius

So anyone with an older DAC/MQA decoder needs to scrub it for an updated one to properly hear MQA music? More MQA tax.
  17. lucretius

With MQA, you don't even get 16 bits dedicated to the frequencies 24kHz and below.
  18. lucretius

So you're saying that (1) you have music with a dynamic range > 96 db and (2) you playback that music 96 db louder than the noise floor in your listening environment (i.e. stupid loud)? Do you have a reference for the "psychoacoustics says" statement (other than BS' writing)?
  19. lucretius

Obviously, you didn't read the theorem I posted. Audio is not like video in this regard.
Top Bottom