Search results

1. J

Denon Replaces AKM AK4458 DAC IC in X4700H and X6700H

I can save you hours, sound United confirmed DAC makes and models used in revised denon x4700h with me. It is the ti pcm 5102a. Not to mention not void your warranty.
  2. J

I forgot people think answering questions with questions is anything other than confusing and in poor decorum.
  3. J

This question is somewhat off topic here regarding the DAC. But, does denons pure direct mode completely bypass the DAC IC’s in their receivers, even from a usb or hdmi port? I’m trying to determine how much better if any it’s pure direct is. I only use room correction for under like 400 hz for...
  4. J

If I can get a little financial support to buy a snake camera from Amazon…. $40 I will find out in a few days, what’s is now in a v2 x4700h. I already own it so I’m willing to wait and find out. But if someone’s eager to know, I’m game.
  5. J

I’m just thinking about the cost associated with a good DAC, I really don’t like the idea of spending any more than I have to rectify a decision of denons.. Havin said that I feel the $40 I spent on caps is the best money spent per performance as I’ve already rebuilt my crossovers. I get a LOT...
  6. J

I wrote to the owner of audioholics, seeing if he can do anything to communicate with sound United about the dacs. It’s an integrity thing they are marketing these for sale all over the place with guts they no longer have. Their product info is misrepresented nearly everywhere. I also have...
  7. J

Your probably right, the implementation of their new design could have as large an effect as the other changes. I’m starting to feel my limiting factors of my speakers, speaker cables, and ultimately the product being a upper mid tier product are probably more limiting than what they chose to...
  8. J

How can anybody answer a question on motive when pricing for these chips and labor regarding changes aren’t provided. For me this is a hypethrtical assertion, that doesn’t help us get an inch closer to the fact of the matter, what is being used for dacs in the various denon and maranta ranges.
  9. J

My 4700 did sound good, in fact it sounded impressive prior to my having to open up my speakers and trouble shoot an issue. This led to me having to cut my tube connectors wiring and I’ve since soldered it back on but it’s crazy how much difference that made in the clarity, a proper demo of my...
  10. J

Man that’s awesome, but I wish you had a x4700 to look into. I wonder though if you can help provide instruction on how to identify the dacs, without tearing down a unit, thus voiding it’s warranty. Although layout is significantly different from 3700 to 4700, I’ve had both.
  11. J

My only reasoning there is denon Japan doesn’t stock carry or mfr the denon x3700h and thereby a solution may be necessary for that model specifically that wasn’t implemented on the others. (Side note they don’t mfr the x4700 either but do the x6700, so perhaps since the two both use al32 and...
  12. J

You’d be of a lot more assistance if you could provide information that hasn’t been readily circulated around the world for months. Like what the change has been to.
  13. J

Did you find anything out? I have also bought a x4700h v2 and while I think it’s safe to say it received a bit more love than the new 3700h’s pcm 5102a’s. It seems to still only use two new dacs that are 32 bits do you photos of the new DAC ic chips from denon Japan.
  14. J

What are the replacement dacs being used in a denon x4700 ( and x6700h) with serial number greater than 70000. The v2 units with updated hdmi boards. Got a new x4700h and would like to see if I can find out what DAC is being used, inside my return window. Denon responded to my inquiry saying...
  15. J

Nothing has changed in my setup but a new denon x4700 that has had surgery with boards from the sr6015 inside from what I could see, there has been major alterations in the guts the boards are different colors and at least 2 of them. My setup is the same my old denon went black out no power soon...
  16. J

Hi, I recently picked up a refurbished denon x4700h that has the new hdmi board and a “7” in the fifth digit from the right. I did request an old one but this is what came. My question is, do we know definatively know what dacs are being put into denon for a replacement of the AKM DAC of old...
  17. J

SVS SB-2000 Pro vs SB-3000 Subwoofer Review

Additionally I am talking about the pro models and sb3000 not old models with nobs and manual only settings.
  18. J

I’ve owned klipsch subwoofers and they ran near silent. While all powered speakers and passive with amplification have driver noise it’s not suppose to be audible across the room and 3-4 times louder than a tweeter hisses when an amp is at near max volume. you may have low expectations for your...
  19. J

I’ve been reading and researching about this hissing sub ordeal with svs subwoofers. This thread was of interest as I’ve recently bought a svs sb-3000, that hisses pretty loudly. I use my sub in 2 positions; near-field and across the room for home theater. It’s the noise floor in my entire room...
Top Bottom