Search results

1. Yoaime

The science behind Stax's magic

Sorry to dig up this thread. I think it is worth to share my new findings. So basically I was wrong. At the store I was impressed by the dynamics of the HD660, and I couldn't get it with EQ on the M1060. A bit of exageration on 200Hz helped but was nowhere near the HD660. I also remembered my...
  2. Yoaime

I got to test some Stax (202, L300 & L500) today, spent around 2h30 with them. There was also a HD660. Started with the HD660 that sounded tight/precise compared to my M1060. In comparison the M1060 sounded dull, soft. They weren't much different for everything else I would say. Then I put on...
  3. Yoaime

The audio store reopened ! I could try this morning 3 headphones. HE-1000, Arya and HEDDphone. Unfortunately no Stax available, but I might be able to try one next week. They sounded like headphones. The Arya was my favorite of the bunch. The HEDDphone was clearly the worst, feeling less...
  4. Yoaime

I don't know, I said Stax because I couldn't hear any other estats.
  5. Yoaime

So in the end it would just be treble smoothness.
  6. Yoaime

So we don't yet have any measurement that can tell us about this property of headphones.
  7. Yoaime

That would only but found in some very expensive Hifiman planar, presumably. So, I guess if you want that transparent/open sound you take a SR-L300. If you want deep and impactful bass you get a planar (dan clark aeon ?). If you want both you rob a bank (007/HE1000 ?). Stax headphones might...
  8. Yoaime

Yes, exactly. I compensated my headphones based on this result : https://github.com/jaakkopasanen/AutoEq/blob/b4722274e8c2a17eb0673a5e5af50e6305ff0895/results/innerfidelity/innerfidelity_harman_over-ear_2018/Monoprice%20M1060/README.md And since I had to swap the pads because they became bad the...
  9. Yoaime

The Arya for exemple ?
  10. Yoaime

I don't understand why my EQ would be reversed. I'm trying to add the 'Stax sound' to my current headphones. So I add the peak at 1.3 and remove the bass. But indeed when I reverse the 1.3kHz it improves, but for the bass it add more which is not what the Stax offer. Would be nice to have the...
  11. Yoaime

These are really interesting points. Indeed it seems to be treble related or high mid. I tried to EQ a similar FR but it didn't seemed to help though. And the Stax are more recessed from 2-4 kHz. Better stability and exposed driver could be two big factors, unfortunately that's not something I...
  12. Yoaime

Yes, I understand that. In my case the two Planar Magnetic sounded similar but Monoprice seemed to have aimed at imitating the Audeze signature. I'm more looking at what measurements could relate to this perceived sensation, for the sake of science. And in the mean time if I could make my...
  13. Yoaime

Hello fellow headphones (earspeaker) enthusiasts, After, again, too much time spent on forum and other internet places I can't wrap my head around one issue. So, I reach you, the community that seems to be the most able to answer my question. Last year I got the opportunity to compare a Stax...
Top Bottom