Search results

1. B

transports and USB

actually.... still not conviced dac manufacturers haven't fixed this. Example: I got a Hidizs S9 on the basis of ASR review, and use it with my Samsung mob. It sounds 'good' on something like Amazon music, but way better with Hidiz's own music player (reccomended and free from Hidiz)...
  2. B

transports and USB

Tangband - the transport the guy brought along was from the 90s (a meridian unit), but the comparsion was around 2013. Grumpish - I am hoping there is a DAC for me that bypasses the ''windows issues'' making for plug and play excellence. Looks like even the latest/greatest still requires...
  3. B

transports and USB

gosh, what a horrendous can of worms. ALMOST enough to send me scuttling for a CD player putting CD's in one by one. Tempting to think it's just not worth changing any USB dac, no matter the age unless you hire a PC guy to get stuck into your system settings. I for one don't have time or...
  4. B

transports and USB

interesting, thankyou Tangband. on the positive side, at least AMIR does his testing on USB.
  5. B

transports and USB

Hi all. Ive read a lot here, lots of Amir's reviews and learned a lot. ASR has proven to be a great resource. There's still a few rocks to turn over though, for me. About 8 years ago, a bunch of us got together with DACS and tried them all out, same source, same track, level matched. It was a...
  6. B

Hidizs S9 Review (Headphone Adapter)

does anybody know if there is any difference between the ''LT01'' cable (usb c - lightning) and your generic white apple lightning cable? Trying to use the S9 with an old Ipad (early generation). It doesnt work with the free cable I got with my ipad, which charges the Ipad fine. I wondered...
  7. B

Anything better than Genelec?

The KH120s were not compared directly with the 8330A's that I owned. I demoed a pair of KH120s in a recording studio context and found them to be very dead/sterile/lifeless When music lovers (such a better word than audiophiles) buy studio monitors for home use, they use them for musical...
  8. B

balanced headphone cables (AKG , SENN)

Hi All I have a Hidizs S9.. Two cans are : AKG 702, SENN HD6XX The S9 has more oomph on balanced, so am looking for inexpensive, no nonsense balanced cables for them to take advantage of the S9 balanced out (tiny circular balanced input). Any reccomendations? I'm seeing some silly prices...
Top Bottom