Search results

1. N

Hypex Nilai500DIY Amplifier Review

Thank you @amirm and @Rick Sykora for the long awaiting review. Did you also measure the idle power consumption of this amp?
  2. N

SMSL A300 My Subjective-ish review

One curious thing I'm wondering when using the RCA input by this amp. The A300 uses a digital pot for volume control, right? So input signals have to be converted to digital and then back again to analog. For me the amp only makes sense for some one who primarily uses the USB or BT as input.
  3. N

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

Thank you Dieter, that helps me very much for planning my case.
  4. N

New Hypex Nilai500DIY modules )

The dimensions of Nilai500diy are 100x100x40 mm. But I can't figure out what size the PS500DIY has. I would be very grateful if someone tells us the dimensions of the PS500DIY here. Thx;⁠-⁠)
  5. N

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I'm wondering, if the WiiM fully support UPNP?
  6. N

Room Measurement Tutorial for Dummies Part 2

Hi all, I have to get rid of a question about the target curve for DRC-FIR. Searching the internet I only found 0.0 db is maximal value for the target curve. The question is why? What is wrong if I lift the values to +3db for the frequency range from 100 - 120 Hz?
  7. N

Room correction - Linux

Thank you for the clue, I didn't know that 2 measurements let be exported to one stereo wave file. That is much more convenient than 2 mono files. Yes I have read your script and seen your stereo impulse response as input.
  8. N

Room correction - Linux

Hi @Daverz, did you measure both left+right speakers at once together and exported the impulse response as stereo wave file? I think the left and right speaker has to be measured separately and exported as mono file. Am I wrong?
  9. N

Thank you @Daverz , I never realize the Generator tool REW has. I'll try it when I'm at home. A very important thing you said "the timing reference should be on the same channel". As I remembered at last measurement, I used the acoustic timing reference on different channel. So I have to...
  10. N

Part 3?, no I'm going back to part 1.;) I have done following steps: Measured 48 kHz impluse responses using REW and UMIK1. Exported the mono IR to 32 bit float wav file ImpluseResponse48k-f32.wav. Resampled and converted the IR to raw PCM file for Denis Sbragions DRC using SoX. sox...
  11. N

REW Questions

Thank you, all. That helps me a lot for first try.
  12. N

REW Questions

Hi Folk, I pull this thread out of over 2 years ago. I want to measure and create the sweep with REW. Now, I would like to know if the DRC written by Denis Sbragion can work with the impulse response exported from REW? Thanks
  13. N

1st REW Measurements for Camilla + Idiot = PLEASE HELP!! Obvs

I am playing around with REW and CamillaDSP, this thread comes right on cue, thank you. It works as far as expected for PCM but DSD sound quality is terrible. Does anyone know a way to bypass CamillaDSP for DSD?
  14. N

Topping PA5 Review (Amplifier)

Based on 4Vrms@0db of E50 and 2.6Vrms input sensitivity of PA5. Attenuate the output level of E50 by -3.74db, you will get 2.6V.
  15. N

May be you have RCA to stereo cable, therefore it doesn't work. You need RCA to mono instead.
  16. N

You already reach the max rated power of the PA5 if you use the balanced output of the E50 at -3.7db. As I correctly read: PA5 input sensitivity = 2.6V E50 bal. out = 4V
  17. N

Exactly that what I'm looking for. Thank you.
  18. N

Oops, thank you, I thought, that you only lowered the output level of your preamp, but the volume knob of the PA5 was fixed at max. level by that measurement.
  19. N

I mean same 5w power output but lower volume knob by 10db. I know, that only possible if you have 4ohm load. If not, you could measure at any meaningful lower power output. Thank you
Top Bottom