Search results

1. P

Revel M16 Speaker Review

Same here . I replaced Dali Spektor 2’s with M16’s and loving them. The Dali’s are very good by the way. Using them with a Cambridge CXA61
  2. P

Revel M16 Speaker Review

I run these with a Cambridge CAX 61 amp ( about £700 ) and they sound fine. Got the M16’s for £350 open box as new. The bass is slightly humped , if it bothered me I’d eq. it , but it doesn’t.
  3. P

Cambridge Audio CXA61

I went from a Denon DM41 amp to the cxa61 . I know on here we don’t use phrases like night and day difference, but I will say that my better half, who’s not interested at all, had to mention how different it sounded. It has more of everything . Bass, control,clarity etc. Having said that, so it...
  4. P

TRUTHEAR x Crinacle Zero IEM Review

Thanks for your help
  5. P

Yep, that’s how I find them - otherwise ok
  6. P

I have just bought these as my Soundmagic E11’s bit the dust. Like some people on here I am finding them a bit too lively/shouty, but I’m listening to them plugged straight into my iPad’s mini Jack. I don’t have any stored music but am signed up to Amazon HD. I would like to know if using a...
  7. P

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

Hi, Yes,I meant that I have tried the Wiim > Topping > Denon DM41 and then Wiim straight to the Denon…but I now have a preference for the Topping - I think! I honestly don’t know if what I’m doing would make much difference to the end result. The Wiim is a no brainier at the price though.
  8. P

Upgrading from a Denon DM41 setup

Hi all, I’m thinking of upgrading from the above. It’s paired with Dali Spektor 2 speakers which I intend keeping. At the moment I use a Wiim Mini streamer connected via optical to a Topping e30 then phono to the Denon. what I really want to know is would I gain any advantage by upgrading the...
  9. P

WiiM Mini Review (Streamer)

I have just purchased the Wiim mini as I couldn’t resist giving it a go for 79 quid. Set up was straightforward enough for a Luddite like me. I also have a Topping E30 and have compared it with and without and can’t discern much difference - although I think its better with the E30. The Wiim app...
  10. P

Same price - but which is better?

Here in merry old England, Polk R200 and Revel M16 are the same price so does anyone here have experience of both ?
  11. P

Poll: Where are you guys from?

Sheffield,England,Great Britain,U.K. Europe ( I voted remain)
  12. P

"Tinnitus anyone?" (UK pronunication)

I have it 24/7. Discussing it makes me aware - it’s really screaming away at the moment. Having been in several loud bands from my teens to my 40’s is where I think I got it. There’s always talk of “cures” around the corner - we can only hope, although at 71 I running out of time!
  13. P

Audiophonics DA-S250NC and DAW-S250NC : new integrated amps with DAC (streamer) and Ncore !

Yup, that makes sense. Must say, this and a pair of good speakers ..bingo!
  14. P

AVI DM10 active speakers

It’s interesting that you should mention driver misalignment as one of my tweeters on my DM5’s was so. I was a bit miffed seeing as Ash was such a stickler for the quality of the finish.
  15. P

Polk Reserve R200: Spinorama and measurements (a really nice surprise!)

I’ve just visited their site and if I’m not mistaken , R200 are listed @ euros399. ?
  16. P

Iloud Precision Monitors

Look good but way past my budget
  17. P

Iloud Precision Monitors

I have iLoud Micros which are ok but would be interested in these. Looks like they leaked them deliberately by mistake! I would imagine that the price is each if they are including their room correction.
  18. P

Genelec G Four, KEF R3 or other?

I hope you get some response to this as I too have been contemplating something like the G4 or it’s pro model equivalent.
  19. P

Polk Signature Elite ES20 Review (Bookshelf Speaker)

I wonder if there would be extra shipping fees to U.K. thanks to brexit - but don’t get me started on that subject!
Top Bottom