Search results

1. E

AES Paper Presentation on DAC Measurements (Video)

I'm very interested in that. I have a Loxjie D30 DAC that I use as a preamp for my AUDIOPHONICS AP300-S250NC power amplifier. On speakers with normal efficiency I have to set the volume control to around -50dB. I wonder if I'm creating distortions by doing this?
  2. E

Loxjie D40 Review (DAC & HP Amp)

I consider to use the D40 as Preamp with the AUDIOPHONICS AP300-S250NC. "This amplifier does not have a decoupling capacitor, so it lets the DC component of the signal through. Make sure your source has no DC component present at the output." Does anybody know whether the D40 provides such DC...
  3. E

tube amp with no load

I have a transistor amplifier and a tube amplifier (Oldchen EL34-B), both of which I want to use on my speakers (not at the same time, of course). To switch between these two amps I have an amp switcher (Dynavox AMP-S MKII). When I switch the amplifier switch from tube amp to transistor amp...
  4. E

Chord Hugo 2 Review (Portable DAC & HP Amp)

Great review again. I appreciate these as really objective in the best sense of the word and you don't, for example, bash a manufacturer per se.
  5. E

miniDSP Flex

Die digital version of the flex has optical and electrical SPDIF outputs but no i2s. I do not see a simple, or any, way to output i2s. I do not think that e.g. something like Dirac DRC is anything messing. (quote: "No need to mess with the insides of the flex) I do not think that the DAC of the...
  6. E

Bluesound Node vs Volumio primo

I can confirm some statements made before: I started with the RPi4 + Volumio (and also other streaming software like Moode). I used it for about an year. It worked but it was not very stable. So I sold my RPi4 and bought the Blusound Node N130. It it much more stable now. I am quite happy now...
  7. E

miniDSP Flex

But you can also buy the Flex w/o Dirac (might be better due to tax reasons if you import it) and upgrade it afterwards. No problem.
  8. E

miniDSP Flex

Should be so. I had cables made to these specifications to connect my subwoofer. A subwoofer is an unbalanced power amp including speakers, if you will.
  9. E

GR Research Upgrade for Klipsch RP-600M Speaker (Video)

Just so I understand you correctly: By that you mean that the directivity in the vertical dimension has a high symmetry, i.e. that no lobe tilting can be determined?
  10. E

GR Research Upgrade for Klipsch RP-600M Speaker (Video)

In my view, the way in which Danny critiques Amir's video is silly ("Moe", not mentioning ASR, etc.). But isn't he right about the factual point that EQ doesn't correct the time alignment of woofer and tweeter? (See ~4min in Danny's video) In my experience, the phase behavior of the speakers is...
  11. E

The kit we bought, our current setups

This is my current setup... And I hope that in the near future I will concentrate more on listening to music and not on optimizing the system. Distance from speakers: 1,1 m Room size: 2x3 m I have now set up Dirac Live in my miniDSP Flex and I have to say: wow! It is very impressive how...
  12. E

What audio system do you own?

Thank you for your hint. I was not aware of that. Is it technically possible to "merge" two threads?
  13. E

Great system! minidsp SHD is a great device for sure. But did you consider to take the miniDSP Flex instead? It might fit your needs for a lower price.
  14. E

There is this thread "What headphone(s) do you own ?" with many posts. Maybe a similar thread related to the complete audio system might be of general interest. I have not found another thread covering this. At least I would be curious... Apart from the gear itself, the distance from speakers...
  15. E

Geithein RL 906 vs Genelec 8030C

Yes, I have ended up with them. I'm quite happy with them. I doubt that there are many alternatives that might sound better for my specific listening situation. I have only a very little space in our guest room and try to make the best out of it. The distance from the listening position to the...
  16. E

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Are the 1.5TB's of HI-RES FLAC files on a USB hard drive? If so, do you really need an extra box to connect it to your Denon? Isn't there a USB input on the front to connect your hard drive? If you want an extra box, there should many media players being able to read an USB hard drive and...
  17. E

Sennheiser 800 HD still the best neutral openback for $1000 used?

What EQ settings would you recommend for the HD800?
  18. E

miniDSP Flex integration - rather analog or digital?

Thank you for your comment. The streaming function of the SHS is based on Volumio. I used to use Volumio on a Raspberry Pi. Unfortunately it wasn't very reliable, so I switched to the Bluesound. I'm quite happy with it now, so I don't necessarily want to replace it again. The RME also has a...
  19. E

miniDSP Flex integration - rather analog or digital?

Dear ASR community, may I ask you your opinon. I am planning to add the miniDSP Flex to my setup so that I can a) better integrate my subwoofer and b) use Dirac Live room correction. I see two ways to incorporate the miniDSP Flex into my Current Setup: Alternativ Setup 1 and Alternative Setup...
  20. E

Bluesound Node Review (Streamer)

Wow, impressive setup. :) I think the TV Apps use TV internal DAC only if you output the audio signal directly from the analog audio output of the TV. But I assume that this is not the case here. But I assume that your TV is connected to the A/V Processor via HDMI (or maybe additionally via...
Top Bottom