Search results

1. G

Joseph Crowe Designs Model #1159 Speakers

Wow, I'm impressed that that someone revived my old thread! @ROOSKIE, I'd love to see some pics of your build of these. Also, can you provide specifics about what speakers you also have that you like better, just so I have a basis for comparison? My interest in these is primarily due to my...
  2. G

WXC-50 - how to bypass DAC??

Haven't tried any amps like that. My manual says the preamp output is rated for 2.0 Volts / 470 ohms and it works beautifully with my Adcom GFA5300.
  3. G

WXC-50 DSP settings via Coax

I'm a little bit miffed that I updated my firmware on the weekend on my WXC-50. I don't seem to be able to switch between EQ modes now while in Preamp mode. I am able to switch the Sound Modes (Direct, Enhancer, Bass Extension), but the EQ section appears to be frozen at AUTO for me. Does...
  4. G

Well, I don't have money to burn... so that's partly the reason why I'm asking questions here first :) I'm sensing that many people don't think much of the SB17 mid-woofer. I wouldn't expect much bass out of these since my room doesn't allow for big cabinets and I personally would run these in...
  5. G

Thanks @Rick Sykora for your comments. Yes, one would not getting a more than a 5" woofer, but that doesn't bother me. For me, the real value here is the gorgeous, time-aligned baffle with the proven waveguide design that optimizes the tweeter. I do agree with you though that it might make...
  6. G

Bagby Mandolin DIY Speaker Review

Thanks @Rick Sykora - Started new thread here.
  7. G

I had posted most of this comment in a response to the Bagby Mandolin DIY Speaker Review thread, but was politely asked to start a new thread about it since I'm really interested in anyone's thoughts about Joseph Crowe's model #1159 design which I have pictured below. Before I say anymore -...
  8. G

Bagby Mandolin DIY Speaker Review

Thanks for reviewing these. I have always had great respect for Jeff Bagby and his designs, although I have yet to actually hear one. His designs have had incredible success and seem to have almost universal acceptance, so this is the first review with detailed and objective measurements I've...
  9. G

WXC-50 - how to bypass DAC??

Thanks to all who have replied to this thread! I was looking for answers on using the digital outs on my own WXC-50 and they were provided here.
Top Bottom