Search results

1. D

Pseudoscience or audiophool/both?

Its as i suspected, thank you for confirming this was basically just audiophile nonsense.
  2. D

Pseudoscience or audiophool/both?

What is your take on this article? https://gy8.eu/blog/a-bright-shining-lie/ Please read through all of it before commenting.
  3. D

Message to golden-eared audiophiles posting at ASR for the first time...

Someone has attempted to tackle this complex field. I am sure the paper will stimulate responses from many quarters but that is how science and our understanding are furthered.
  4. D

Okay but disregarding previous papers, if we just focus on the paper I linked to, what is there that you disagree with? Do you disagree with what he says in principle, is it because there is a lack of evidence? I'm just trying to understand the various points of view on this because there is...
  5. D

Okay but disregarding previous papers, if we just focus on the paper I linked to, what is there that you disagree with? Do you disagree with what he says in principle, is it because there is a lack of evidence? I'm just trying to understand the various points of view on this because there is...
  6. D

Just to ask for further clarification, like what in the paper do you have a strong disagreement with? Is it the whole paper, just a few technical issues, or is it past experience reading his papers?
  7. D

But what is your beef with this guy? Is it because he has not connected the dots between measurements and audibility? Or something else?
  8. D

This is a big site and it will probably take a long while for me to dissect everything. So you don't agree with Kunchur? But he is a scientist with credentials? Otherwise he wouldn't be posting papers like this I'm assuming. So you do not agree with his conclusions or are you suggesting he is a...
  9. D

Has anyone looked at this paper from Kunchur? The Human Auditory System and Audio (April 28, 2023). https://ssrn.com/abstract=4437822 or http://dx.doi.org/10.2139/ssrn.4437822 In general, one of the main takeaways is that our human hearing is more acute than most measurement tools we...
  10. D

Martin Logan B10 Speaker Review

Thank you for your thoughts. In your opinion what would you consider as an upgrade to these speakers in terms of sound quality? I already own a subwoofer so low frequencies are covered.
  11. D

Martin Logan B10 Speaker Review

How would this speaker compare to something like Paradigm Studio 20 v5? I owned those speakers for the past 7 years, I don't think they are considered bad speakers, but as far as an upgrade for improved audio fidelity, I'm looking at upgrading to a new bookshelf speaker.
  12. D

I've heard this many times, but measured flat on the test bench using a simulated load vs a real speaker with widely varying impedances, how do you know that the combination won't result in an audible difference, above the thresholds of human hearing?
  13. D

I'd love to know where all this placebo effect stops, because to be a complete ideology it really must be applied holistically to everything, we can't cherry pick what this view or experience of the world applies to.
  14. D

How do you know that? That the vast majority of devices don't have a distinct sound signature? Why would you think they would need to be poorly designed in order to have a distinct sound signature?
  15. D

But this is what I'm talking about. I know you are trying to make a joke here but clearly people are experiencing this. It's real within their minds. I don't know if it's an emotional reaction or a psychological reaction to audio gear combinations, but I don't think it's magic. Synergy is...
  16. D

And if one hears a difference or improvement towards better synergy - will they then be wrong?
  17. D

Master Thread: Are measurements Everything or Nothing?

As you say, the evidence we have suggests.... but it doesn't suggest that everyone will share the same preference in controlled testing correct? Only a small subset of people?
  18. D

It would be interesting to change the approach from denying or dismissing certain phenomena expressed in narratives as fantasies and makings of the unreliable mind to ask why this is the case. Instead of clinging onto the O'Toole and company curves for speakers and calling it the scientific...
  19. D

Okay, but what I'm wondering is these anecdotal reports - if you go to enough audiophile forums and analyse the subjective findings from people regarding a particular cable and their findings gel or are consistent with one another, what does mean? What phenomenon is at play here? If it's...
Top Bottom