Search results

1. MarcR

Favorite Dolby Atmos (or spatial audio) albums

The version on Apple Music sounds awesome - great album and spectacular mix! I do appreciate the Atmos retro mixes of classics from my youth, but I find newer productions designed for Atmos to be much more engaging. Here are some others that I also really like: Steven Wilson - The Future Bites...
  2. MarcR

Apple Music Spatial Audio review and question

Thanks for the reply, Bevan. I received similar information in response to an inquiry in another forum. I closed that discussion with this summary, which I think may be helpful to other ATV4K+ owners:
  3. MarcR

Apple Music Spatial Audio review and question

I have become a huge fan of Apple Music Spatial Audio, and I regularly review the Now in Spatial Audio listing to discover new Dolby Atmos music. The experience of well-crafted Atmos mixes in my home theater room has revitalized my interest in music - at its best, the sonic experience is...
  4. MarcR

Trinnov Altitude 16 Review (AV Processor)

The Altitude 16 offers 20 channels if you connect the two digital outs to DACs, so it accommodates 9.4.6 with one channel to spare.
  5. MarcR

Dolby Atmos Music

I have found Robert Scoble's curated Dolby Atmos playlists to be a useful way to discover Atmos content on Apple Music. There are thousands of tracks organized in various overlapping categories, and he's actively updating them. Visit his @AllDolbyAtmos profile to check them out, and follow him...
  6. MarcR

Dirac for nearfield 2.0?

I'm satisfied with my Dirac Live configuration and overall setup now. I don't think a subwoofer (or two!) will improve this office desk setup enough to justify the expense, space, and complexity. A key insight was to move the default control point target curve down 5 dB to give Dirac room to...
  7. MarcR

Dirac for nearfield 2.0?

Thanks for the feedback and advice. I remeasured with more care regarding mic placement. I also accepted the default target curve instead of building a custom one. This time I do hear a difference between OFF and ON. Even better, I prefer ON. :-) The speakers both have a deep and wide...
  8. MarcR

Dirac for nearfield 2.0?

I just acquired a pair of Kali IN-8v2 and a miniDSP Flex TRS w/ Dirac. The physical setup is pretty good - small carpeted office with speakers on audio isolation foam pads toed in from the corners of a 60x34" desk centered on a wall. I'm new to nearfield and am blown away by the...
  9. MarcR

Buckeye Amps: New US based Hypex multichannel amplifier builder, line-up announcement!

Congratulations, Dylan - tremendous accomplishment! Three weeks in, I too am enjoying the heck out of my NC502MP amps - they're driving a new 7.x.4 theater system flawlessly. Superb quality and value.
  10. MarcR

Morrow SP3 Review (Speaker Cable)

Thanks @SIY and @Speedskater. I guess I'm glad now that I bought new OFC wire for my new much better speakers. I'm skeptical that I really need 10 gauge wire for runs to the back of my room, but whatever.
  11. MarcR

Morrow SP3 Review (Speaker Cable)

Leaving aside the audiophile-targeted wire products, I perceive two broad classes of speaker wire available for purchase: Copper clad aluminum (CCA) - less costly Oxygen free copper (OFC) - more costly Any functional difference? Related, Revel's manuals for speakers in the Ultima2...
  12. MarcR

Advice re: new HT/music (~80/20) Revel system

I chose sealed to optimize the ratio of output to cabinet volume. The E15HP2 doesn't appear in the Output comparison list on this page, but if it did, its +6.5db output relative to the F12 baseline product would place it between the FVX12 (+4.5db, 29% larger) and the FVX15 (+8db, 85% larger)...
  13. MarcR

Thanks for the response, @iw655321. I wound up ordering Revel F226Be x 2, F426Be, F35 x 2, Rythmik E15HP2 x 2. I also ordered a UMIK-2 mic and a miniDSP 2x4 HD for subwoofer integration. Really excited! After digesting the bed layer and subs, I plan to order height speakers and an...
  14. MarcR

Hi everyone, first post here! I have been lurking in the audiophile forum community - avforums, AVS Forums, and others - for a few months to learn enough to decide what to buy. I came across ASR a few weeks ago and have spent much time here - the focus on science, measurement, and objectivity...
Top Bottom