Search results

1. T

GR Research B24 AC Cable Review: Does it Make an Audible Difference?

Power leads make zero difference on anything. They only have to be adequate for the job.
  2. T

Not that. It had a mains dropper resistor for the heater chain in the cable, so it ran hot. I wired in a small lamp with a 60w bulb instead when it went open circuit so the radio could work.
  3. T

I had an old Radio that would only work with the correct power lead. Anyone know why?
  4. T

It reads a bit serious in places. Perhaps you could make it clearer that you don't mean that nonsense.
  5. T

Comedy gold. Thanks. :O) I presume you're joking.
  6. T

Need help identifying old interconnects

Short interconnects used at line level? Nope.
  7. T

AVS Thread: Does anyone base there [sic] buys off audiosciencereview?

Only just seen this. They sound astonishingly good, not bright or harsh in any way. I use them with tone controls switched out on the amp, which is a fairly old Sony.
  8. T

Looking for solutions to PC noise coming through stereo monitors

I used to get these kind of effects and reduced them with ferrites on the cables but since I used an inexpensive Behringer USB DAC all such problems have disappeared. Audio quality is better too.
  9. T

old amplifier not working

Many amps have a button that switches out the tone and balance controls. They call it pure direct, or some such thing. If it's old it's a good idea to open it up and squirt all the switches and pots with switch cleaner then exercise them.
  10. T

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

I'd go for maximum absence at those frequencies. ;)
  11. T

Worst measuring loudspeaker?

I doubt you would hear that at all. :)
  12. T

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

It appeals to those that are excessively wealthy but have a flat line in the common sense department.
  13. T

Nordost SuperFlatLine Speaker Cable Review

You mean it does the job just as well as any other speaker cable with the same resistance but not quite as well as those with a lower resistance?
  14. T

Amp looses channel randomly

I found that using a Philips contact cleaner/lubricant made dismantling switches and pots redundant. I'm still using an old Leak amplifier that I squirted 30 years ago. The problems haven't returned. If an amplifier uses a relay in the speaker circuit and it's intermittent I make a small hole in...
  15. T

B&O Beolab 20 Speaker Review

Their early hybrid colour TVs were sensational. No compromise design. Blew away all comers in 1971. My grandad bought us one, A Beovision 3200, when he moved in with us after grandma died.
  16. T

EQ headphones, why?

I use the loudness button on the amp for my AKG 550.
  17. T

KEF R3 OR BOWER & WILKINS S706 s2 ???

You must be hell to go shopping with.
  18. T

Getting back to the topic of the thread. Is there anyone on here that has heard both speakers that are being compared?
  19. T

Are you a happy member who likes to discuss audio?
Top Bottom