Search results

1. M

Will we need to attach a vibrator to our power supplies to achieve the ultimate performance??

Dave @ EEVblog shows how physical vibration can reduce significantly the noise of power supplies. I can imagine someone trying it out :facepalm::D
  2. M

"Small form factor" modular multichannel TPA3255 amp build

Hi, I was hesitating posting this project, as i guess there will not be much interest here, but questions start to accumulate and I thought that maybe someone wants to have a look and chime in. You might recall me asking about using heat pipes in audio amplifiers. What i had in mind was this...
  3. M

Audio Sense schematic needed

Hi, I am considering building a power amplifier and want it to have audio sense. I have searched a while, but could not find any solution suitable for my project. I do know Rod Elliot's Signal detecting circuit but this is a fully analog circuit that does not fit my needs...
  4. M

Heat pipe cooling in power amps

Hi, Computer CPUs dissipate a lot of heat and from what I understand (very little) their cooling systems are very much developed and performant. I never see heat pipes assemblies in power amps (I am not interested in water cooling). Is there a reason for that or is it just that is not usually...
  5. M

Has anyone noticed a sharp AliExpress shipping cost increase ?

Hi, From time to time I buy small electronic components from AliExpress. Since this morning, I have noticed a very sharp increase in shipping costs. What used to be a few cents is now 3-4 euros. I wonder if something in my settings has changed or if this is a general thing. Has anyone...
  6. M

LDO vs Buck Converter for digital audio

Hello, I am in the process of reverse engineering a HDMI audio extractor to build a HDMI audio capture card. The extractor is USB powered and has two identical SOT 23-5 buck converters that provide 3.3 and 1.8V. I could not identify the parts but the pinout and circuit match, for instance...
  7. M

Under the floor speaker cabling layout and open space audio questions

Hi, We are in the process of defining how our new house will be. There will not be a room dedicated to home cinema and audio in general is not a priority. However, of course, i don't want to miss the chance to leave at least leave some infrastructure to facilitate having the best audio possible...
  8. M

How does HDMI ARC work?

Hello, i know this is not an easy question but just in case there is someone out there with some experience with HDMI ARC. I am thinking on building a multichannel HDMI to i2s audio extractor hat for raspberry pi. The idea is to capture multichannel audio from HDMI and send it to a raspberry pi...
  9. M

The 1 euro HDMI input solution for your next DIY DAC

Hi, A couple of weeks ago i bought one of these from Aliexpress. I had no idea what was inside but these HDMI to whatever boxes are always full of surprises and i couldn't resist for as little as the title price (1.8 euros to be exact). Of course, as soon as i had it in my hands the first...
  10. M

headphones polarity. red dots, blue dots, +, - can someone help to clarify?

From what i gather in the internet, it seems to be a bit of a mess. Red and blue dots can indicate R and L, then you can have only red dots, only blue dots, or both combined. In balanced dongles you have + - .... MMCX, well, there you don't need to worry, unless you are using an adaptor...
  11. M

Douk - One Little Bear T14-EQ MM/MC phono preamp

From the depths of Douk's fascinating catalogue, meet the T14-EQ MM-MC phono preamp. With tone controls, headphone jack and a power led with a lighting symbol on top that I bet is incredible bright. Selling at 36 euros shipped at the moment: https://a.aliexpress.com/_m0FtVEc Some specs:
  12. M

Help needed to find the optimal way to use DSP capabilities of my setup

Hi, My stereo + 2 subs system as of today consists on the following: Stereo input -> toslink -> DDRC2x4 (Dirac) -> 4 channels USB -> raspberry pi w/camilladsp currently doing only volume/tone control and signal routing -> USB -> Motu Ultralite mk5 -> stero amp + 2 subs I know, it is a bit...
  13. M

Build your own class D amp

Why would you buy one of those amp boards to AliExpress when you can build one to your taste and needs? Jokes aside, cool short video, and if you are serious about building one, there are some tips about PCB layout etc. that to me, is the differentiator of this YouTuber. And actually he got a...
  14. M

questions about diy a 12V trigger output

hi, i have the intention to transform my two SVS SB 1000 subwoofers to passive subs, bypassing the electronics and using an external amp connected directly to the driver. After some time doubting and reading about the cheap amps this forum loves, i think i have finally found a good candidate...
  15. M

Suggestions for a 10 year old child bedroom system

Hi, This Xmas we want to get my son his first desktop audio setup: We are thinking on a pair of active speakers, that's why I post this in the speakers section. He listens mostly stuff he finds in YouTube or the sound from his Nintendo switch, everything via Bluetooth, and I don't think this...
  16. M

Electronics learning/tutorials videos for newbies - #1 eevblog's opamps tutorial

We all know that there are zillions of educational electronics videos in the internet. It is also true that many of them are not so good and it is sometimes difficult to find something decent in YouTube. I recently revisited this eevblog classic about opamps, that I believe is the most viewed...
  17. M

display recommendation needed

Hi, For a diy dac project i am working on, that uses a ESP32 as microcontroller, i want to add a display. At first, the idea was to show only the volume so basically any of these 0.96 inch SSD1306 would do. I already did something similar long time ago and it is easy and well documented. But...
  18. M

Linus multiroom home system

I jumped immediately on this video, was curious how someone with a big house and big budget surrounded by technically capable people would have this done.... ...17 used sonos amps mounted on a plywood board and, i guess, 17x2 Klipsch Pro-180RPC in-ceiling speakers. I thought this would be...
  19. M

solder paste recommendations in EU

Hi, I am about to do my first smd solder with solder paste on a hot plate and i wanted to hear some recommendations about good solder paste that is available in Europe in low quantities. I specify Europe because if i search online, most of the information i find is about american products that...
  20. M

My quest to eliminate the noise/rumble of my SVS SB-1000

Hi, I own two SVS SB-1000 subs since a little over one year ago and since day 1 i have been experiencing a constant rumble/noise whenever the sub is on as explained here: https://www.audiosciencereview.com/forum/index.php?threads/problem-with-sub-noise.32681/ It is present in the two subs i...
Top Bottom