Search results

1. A

BA IEM distortion

I have been listening to the Thieaudio Oracle IEMs for the last 8 months and I think I am starting to notice distortion and am wondering if this is characteristic of BA drivers. I do not think that the IEMs are damaged and both ears seem to sound the same. It does depend somewhat on the track...
  2. A

Safe listening levels (Quedelix-5K)

Hello Forum members. I purchased a Quedelix-5K to use with my Thieaudio Oracle IEM and I am wondering if I can compute the max RMS voltage (a feature that Quedelix provides) for safe listening level - say 75db SPL.. The headphones are 106db SPL/mW, dont really know the impedance, but assume...
  3. A

External DAC + AMP for Hifiman Ananda with Macbook Pro 2020 as source

Hello, I have recently purchased a Hifiman Ananda (not BT) and using it with my Macbook Pro. I do not have problem with loudness, but the bass sound is quite anemic. I am using Amazon HD music and Macbook supports 24bit/48khz, which is probably sufficient. To be honest, I do not like the...
  4. A

Best headphone for people wearing glasses

Hello everyone, been looking at the measurements and the comments at various forums, and I often read about the "seal" of the earcups and bass response. As someone who has been wearing glasses for the entire life, what would be a good option for me ? I do prefer a balanced sound, I like imaging...
  5. A

Upgrade from Paradigm Reference Studio 20 v.2

Hello Forum , After 20+ years of excellent performance, I would like to upgrade my speakers. My budget is 8K (including CA taxes), but lower is better. My room is 14x19x8.5. I listen at moderate levels. My serious constraint is that only bookshelf speakers are possible, and the depth is...
Top Bottom